Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gym Girl who has MAJOR defenses up...avoids all eye contact.

harrison9876

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys...

Okey dokey...

A cute girl started working out at the gym a few months back. Average in looks...but a GREAT body (probably a gymnast or into track). Figure she is a college student...so younger than me.

She keeps to herself BIG TIME.

She makes an effort to NOT engage anyone. She keeps her eyes down...she looks away when people walk by, or simply remains on her phone texting in between sets. I have NEVER seen her talk to anyone, and the gym we go to is pretty laid back and friendly.

I figure she is just like me...limited time...concentrating on workout, etc.

Turns out she also lives in my building.

I have attempted being friendly/engage in convo OUTSIDE the gym (when I pass by her at our building...or when she is leaving the gym, and I am entering)...but she is STILL in this zone of not wanting to engage.

When I have said "hi"...or asked how she is...or wished her a good day...or attempt some sort of friendly engaging convo...EVERY response in monotone, singular, or unemotional.

She leaves NO opportunity for further engagement.

She knows by now that we live in the same building...and that I have been friendly towards her...

The other day was weird.

We passed RIGHT each other on some steps leading from by building. As she approached, she kept her eyes/head down, said nothing...no eye contact...and we ended up passing each other not saying anything at all...like RIGHT by each other.

It is not like I did not want to...it just felt weird trying to engage her, as she was purposefully showing me she did not WANT to engage.

One can say, "ah...she is probably just super shy"...but I would argue that even the shyest girl in the world still knows how to work it...especially if there is a guy she is interested in...or at the very least interested in talking to.

On one side, it is a turn off...on the other side intriguing and challenging.

I am a good looking guy, and I am ripped...but I am not a "Brad Pitt" type where a girl would be nervous, or shy around me for being a rock hard piece of man-candy....haha

Part of me feels like I am wasting my time, and anything more "aggressive" will be shot down regardless.

Thoughts on this?

Mike

harrison9876

Don Juan
Reaction score
ahhhhhhhhh...I assume that also means NOT saying anything or even acknowledging her when she walks by...?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To have casual eye contact with someone is meant to happen, even while waiting on a bar queue with other males.

If a girl makes a conscious effort not to have any eye contact with you means that she wants it so bad not to deal with you, its basically what we do when we walk near a beggar and we are annoyed from his mere presence.

harrison9876

Don Juan
Reaction score
hahahaha... :)

But she does this to EVERYONE...not specifically just to me...so what does that mean?

:lol:

Armourhead

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe she already has a boyfriend who she's happy with.
Some girls, especially the truly loyal ones will steadfastedly refuse to engage in any kind of interactions with other guys when they know they are already with the top dog. No eye contact, one word responses, no flirtations etc.
Of course if they are exposed over time to another, higher SMV male they will begin to open up to him.

harrison9876

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gym = work out ;nothing more...............
Ja...buuuuuuuuut...she also like this "outside" the gym...

;)

So in a nutshell...this girl wants me BAD. Sadly, she has an abusive BF who refuses to allow her to talk to anyone else...otherwise she gets thrown across the room. She comes to the gym solely because I am there...hoping that "one day"...she'll get rid of this guy, and the have the balls to jump on top of me to have her way with me on the flat bench...

hahahaha

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go no-contact, and wait until you see her in a more welcoming setting, and wait for her to give you an 'in'. If she doesn't, then let it go.

If you have the balls, just ask her one day why she doesn't ever smile. Say you see her all the time and are just wondering why she's always so grumpy. Be prepared to accept a rejection, but there is a small chance she may just be an unbelievably shy freak. I'm talking like 5% chance. And even then, most times those type girls are weird and have stank puss or something.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She sounds like an introvert who likes to keep to herself. She could find you attractive but be too coy to make eye contact.

Either way you should make a move but not be too direct about it. She might find the idea of a formal date too overwhelming. Ask if she wants to do a mutual activity, like a class at the gym or some event at your apartment complex. If she likes you she'll agree or at least act more friendly to you. Otherwise, you'll know. Do this sooner rather than later, for your own sake.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys...

Okey dokey...

A cute girl started working out at the gym a few months back. Average in looks...but a GREAT body (probably a gymnast or into track). Figure she is a college student...so younger than me.

She keeps to herself BIG TIME.

She makes an effort to NOT engage anyone. She keeps her eyes down...she looks away when people walk by, or simply remains on her phone texting in between sets. I have NEVER seen her talk to anyone, and the gym we go to is pretty laid back and friendly.
Bruh, do you REALLY want to go on a date with an unapproachable, unfriendly broad bearing a perpetual "mean mug," in addition to having a "buttaface?"

I have attempted being friendly/engage in convo OUTSIDE the gym (when I pass by her at our building...or when she is leaving the gym, and I am entering)...but she is STILL in this zone of not wanting to engage.
If believing that makes you feel better, then believe it. The truth of the matter is that if dude, (in the picture below,) wanted to engage in friendly conversation, more likely than not, she'd talk to him.

When I have said "hi"...or asked how she is...or wished her a good day...or attempt some sort of friendly engaging convo...EVERY response in monotone, singular, or unemotional.
I have to ask again, if this attitude that she's displaying now, how do you think that she's going to act on a date and why do you want to spend time with her?

She leaves NO opportunity for further engagement.
She's not trying to **** with you.

She knows by now that we live in the same building...and that I have been friendly towards her...
To her you're nothing more than the incredibly persistent creepy, possibly desperate, needy stalker dude who lives in her building.

It is not like I did not want to...it just felt weird trying to engage her, as she was purposefully showing me she did not WANT to engage.
She doesn't want you to engage.

On one side, it is a turn off...on the other side intriguing and challenging.
Stop lying to yourself. What's intriguing about a 6 with a buttaface, a decent body, and perpetual mean mug?

I am a good looking guy, and I am ripped...but I am not a "Brad Pitt" type where a girl would be nervous, or shy around me for being a rock hard piece of man-candy....haha
Bradd Pitt is 52, dude.

Part of me feels like I am wasting my time,
You are wasting your time.

Thoughts on this?
Rex thinks that you should focus on warm, inviting females who smile a lot and will reciprocate your interest in them.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can this go deeper? I have had similar interactions happen. Its like I feel sometimes a woman won't look at me on purpose, not cause she is not interested but I could intimidate her? Its like she is forcing herself not to notice me on purpose and its building tension upon herself. I seen this happen and sometimes caught them looking at me from the side as careful as possible as soon as I took my breathe in they would look away. I caught them out of the corner of the eye, but its not the same as when a woman is interested and checks you out when your not looking its different can't explain it.

harrison9876

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah...this girl did do that a few weeks back. I was having fun and joking around with some friends...and I saw her looking. Then she looked away when I noticed. I think it is dependent on the girl and situation. MY feeling is that this girl is a lost cause, and is not doing it out of intimidation... ;)

Igetit!

Reaction score
So in a nutshell...this girl wants me BAD.
So this girl wants you BAD. Really... Huh. Well let's see...in your original post ,you said this girl.....

1:"She keeps to herself BIG TIME."

2:"She makes an effort to NOT engage anyone."

3:"She keeps her eyes down...she looks away when people walk by, or simply remains on her phone texting in between sets. I have NEVER seen her talk to anyone."

4:"I have attempted being friendly/engage in convo OUTSIDE the gym (when I pass by her at our building...or when she is leaving the gym, and I am entering)...but she is STILL in this zone of not wanting to engage."

5:"When I have said "hi"...or asked how she is...or wished her a good day...or attempt some sort of friendly engaging convo...EVERY response in monotone, singular, or unemotional."

6:"She leaves NO opportunity for further engagement."

So she keeps to herself,MAKES AN EFFORT to NOT engage anyone,keeps her eyes down or looks away when people just walk by her,freezes you out/ignores you when you try to get a conversation with her,and leaves you NO OPPORTUNITY to engage any further with her. And on top of all that.......she has a BOYFRIEND. Huh.

Ummmm.....wouldn't it be simpler just to go find someone else?

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can this go deeper? I have had similar interactions happen. Its like I feel sometimes a woman won't look at me on purpose, not cause she is not interested but I could intimidate her? Its like she is forcing herself not to notice me on purpose and its building tension upon herself. I seen this happen and sometimes caught them looking at me from the side as careful as possible as soon as I took my breathe in they would look away. I caught them out of the corner of the eye, but its not the same as when a woman is interested and checks you out when your not looking its different can't explain it.
a woman may be attracted to you but that doesnt mean she is interested or available. i get this a lot at work and i find its just mainly women that are already in relationships who are trying hard not to give off signals or look available

harrison9876

Don Juan
Reaction score
So this girl wants you BAD. Really... Huh. Well let's see...in your original post ,you said this girl.....

1:"She keeps to herself BIG TIME."

2:"She makes an effort to NOT engage anyone."

3:"She keeps her eyes down...she looks away when people walk by, or simply remains on her phone texting in between sets. I have NEVER seen her talk to anyone."

4:"I have attempted being friendly/engage in convo OUTSIDE the gym (when I pass by her at our building...or when she is leaving the gym, and I am entering)...but she is STILL in this zone of not wanting to engage."

5:"When I have said "hi"...or asked how she is...or wished her a good day...or attempt some sort of friendly engaging convo...EVERY response in monotone, singular, or unemotional."

6:"She leaves NO opportunity for further engagement."

So she keeps to herself,MAKES AN EFFORT to NOT engage anyone,keeps her eyes down or looks away when people just walk by her,freezes you out/ignores you when you try to get a conversation with her,and leaves you NO OPPORTUNITY to engage any further with her. And on top of all that.......she has a BOYFRIEND. Huh.

Ummmm.....wouldn't it be simpler just to go find someone else?

Igetit!....Clearly, you did not read my post...nor any of the other post after

#1 - in the post you are referencing above, I was OBVIOUSLY being SARCASTIC. I also clearly stated that in the post below that one.

#2 - no one said she had a boyfriend. She just moved here 5 months ago...don't know if she does...or if shoe does not. Where are you coming to that conclusion?

Anything else?

spiegel549

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Very simple.

Just because you read these forums on how to act, treat, and pick up women. Does not mean every single female you want or approach you will be able to get. A girl like that is SUCH A HUGE TURN OFF. She won't even acknowledge you, why do you even bother to keep saying hi to her? lol...she sounds like a emotionally depressed bit*h.

Your a good looking ripped guy. Go after something else, trust me your doing yourself a favor.