Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gifts & Gifting

Fitters

Don Juan
Reaction score
I will like to know some of your takes on such a subject.
Currently touching 2 months in my LTR and as you know V Day is around the corner and her birthday is next month as well.

Personally , I usually start to gift after about 6 months in ; by then it's not seen as buying her love or sex but she feels like she waited and earned it. However in the past I have not been faced with such short and tight schedule. I can't be the ass hole that doesn't give nothing on VDAY and her birthday as well.

I was thinking a simple card on VDAY and dinner. Then for her birthday which is exactly a month after I'm actually lost as to go the simple route again or find something special ?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience the "better" I treat a girl (not by being a wimp, but by being decent etc.) the faster and worse the decline is. Maybe other guys have different experiences. If I wanted things to last with a girl I'd pay to not buy her a gift, but that's me. The only situation I'd ever get a gift for a girl in would be an inexpensive token connected to an emotional high I gave her, which I still wouldn't give if I didn't know for sure that the frame is mine. I don't really get why guys want to spend money on girls in the first place? the less validation and money you spend on her, the better.

Last edited:

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not cook a meal together on Valentine's Day? Its personal, can be relatively inexpensive, intimate, keeps you off the road & out of the overpriced venues and tells her you value the time together. That and a card seem good to me. For her birthday perhaps you can find an experience to do that you both enjoy, perhaps a concert or performance. Or send her out to have her nails done or get a massage and enjoy a bottle of wine together after. I (as a woman) always prefer experiences over things but that's just one thought. I'm sure there will be other perspectives. I for one (having been in the restaurant/nightclub business) think Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve are horrible nights to go out. Everything is ridiculously overpriced and everywhere is crowded with folks who never get out of the house. Enjoy each other. That's the important thing anyway.

Reaction score
Only YOU know the type of rapport and connection you have with the girl. Only YOU know the type of personality she has..

It's hard to give advice in these type of situations to be honest man.. 6 months in.. is a pretty long time. You'll be alright man. It's not a chess game..

I think @BeExcellent gave some decent advice.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
In my experience the "better" I treat a girl (not by being a wimp, but by being decent etc.) the faster and worse the decline is. Maybe other guys have different experiences. If I wanted things to last with a girl I'd pay to not buy her a gift, but that's me. The only situation I'd ever get a gift for a girl in would be an inexpensive token connected to an emotional high I gave her, which I still wouldn't give if I didn't know for sure that the frame is mine. I don't really get why guys want to spend money on girls in the first place? the less validation and money you spend on her, the better.
Pretty much this ^^^^

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I back this up too and I've experienced what he said.

Personally, I would say don't buy anything for her on Valentine's Day.

If she throws a tantrum or gives you stick about it, then she has just exposed herself.