Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does becoming muscular really help your game?

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a textbook example of underestimating your bf. Not only is it done for the ego, but because fat stores can actually be deceptive - especially with clothes on - since fat adds mass to all parts of your body, even inside of your muscle tissue, not just your gut.

If you're 173 centimetres tall, you won't weigh 89 kilos at 14% bf if you're natural. As you can see halfway through this article Frank Zane, a professional steroid-user, weighed 91 kilos off-season at 175 centimetres. By the time you get the "cut look" you're out after, you will be down to somewhere around 70 kilos give and take depending on your genetics and how cut you get.
I'm not "underestimating" my body fat when it comes to slimming down. I'm just curious to see how I would look like at a very low percentage. To each their own.

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a textbook example of underestimating your bf. Not only is it done for the ego, but because fat stores can actually be deceptive - especially with clothes on - since fat adds mass to all parts of your body, even inside of your muscle tissue, not just your gut.

If you're 173 centimetres tall, you won't weigh 89 kilos at 14% bf if you're natural. As you can see halfway through this article Frank Zane, a professional steroid-user, weighed 91 kilos off-season at 175 centimetres. By the time you get the "cut look" you're out after, you will be down to somewhere around 70 kilos give and take depending on your genetics and how cut you get.
Underrated post.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Muscular often translates to "tries too hard". It all depends on how you carry yourself and how you dress. When you're walking around in a wife beater you appear try-hard in most situations. If you have the muscles but don't flaunt them you're going to be a lot more attractive to a lot more women.
Going to 100% disagree with you here my friend. Being lean, toned, and having your abs visible is sexy as hell to women. It's not trying too hard, it's not over-compensating, or any of those things, it's just called being what they will refer to as "sexy" or "hot".

Now, you aren't going to walk into a grocery store with your shirt off, you can show your muscles in other ways when out in general, but I'm telling you that the shirtless pics on my social media and dating profiles have made me MORE attractive, not less.

The shirtless pic I have here on Sosuave in my thumbnail is one of the ones I use on my profiles. It non-verbally tells a woman that you workout, eat right, have a body that's in the top 7% of bodies in the country (less than 10% of men have their abs visible), and it also adds to your overall attractive-ness as women are attracted to lean, toned, cut, bodies.

But your other post I agree with just about everything you said though :)

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Of all of these types of threads that I've read over the years, mostly by haters and sedentary guys who desperately want to clean to the ignorant child like belief that fitness doesn't matter, the one indisputable point is that being in shape to whatever degree has definitely never hurt me. It never has negatively impacted my experiences with women. In fact, it's made attracting women that much easier.
I actually agree with you that fitness as a lifestyle is vitally important. Fitness has a huge impact on my happiness levels. I missed about a month of gym because of a problem with my back and it was horrible. I have to say it tested my inner game incredibly. I went back last week and the first night I said to the trainer after the session "Jesus Christ I have no words to describe how I feel, the impact this has on my is unbelievable". "Very happy to hear that" was his response with a friendly man hug. The respect, the comaradity, the atmosphere....fantastic.

However, this thread is asking about being muscular. (does becoming muscular really help your game). The problem with this mentality is it carries this message "I'm not enough". Being muscalar doesn't help your conversational skills. Being muscular doesn't help your negotiating skills. Being muscular doesn't help your sense of humour.

My point is this thread sends the following message : when I am muscular I will be enough. This breeds a future orientated mentality. Sometime in the future when I am enough, people like Atom Smasher will accept me.

Really?

No. You are enough now. You need nobody's acceptance only your own. Now, the problem with writing that down, the problem with putting into words the likes of "I don't give a fvck"....is that it's coming from ego. The minute I express that in a forum or say it with words....it's ego. Truely not caring is beyond ego. To truely get that, it can't be passed on from one person to another. It has to be understood at a deeper level. There is no doubt that body building has a big effect on the ego. I know a couple of meatheads and their hubris is beyond a joke. Do they have any influence on me? none at all, they are as dumb as a bag of rocks.

Maybe it's a cultural thing. I live in Europe so that's were my experience and opinion is coming from. Maybe it's different in the states...

Just like money. Americans seem to me to be obesessed with money and status. Here we are less obsessed about money and status.

chaj3_11

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question regarding this thats relevant to me at the moment.

I used too be quite big and muscly (not fat) but my face wasnt lean so to speak. If i had to deacribe it best i was like a rugby player.

Now however, im slim and way more lean. Face thinner, less body fat etc. But i ve lost alot of size aswell. Now like a abercrombie model type.

Im caught between bulking back up or staying lean. Either better looking face, or look muscular in a shirt but have a chubbier face.

Face or body, whats more important.

**** my **** genetics...

3agle 3yes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before I continue with this, let me just say that I don't think of personality as an "act", a social mask that you use towards women and to take her from A to B or "running game" or using "techniques". I don't see it as being "more sociable" either....just in case that was what you were thinking.

When I say PERSONALITY, I'm talking about being a leader, being highly influential, becoming somebody's mentor and being a highly developed person.

Personalities.

1. the visible aspect of one's character as it impresses others.
2. a person as an embodiment of a collection of qualities:

3. Psychology.
  1. the sum total of the physical, mental, emotional, and social characteristics of an individual.
  2. the organized pattern of behavioral characteristics of the individual.
5. the essential character of a person.

And stop thinking that I think the way you look and how much you earn aren't important...because I never implied that.
No, I believe that being efficient in your Looks, Personality and Money makes you attractive. When it comes to Money, you don't have to be a millionaire, you just need to have your basic shyt together in terms of having your own decent spot, a decent car, decent clothes, some money in the bank, and a decent job/career. Basically, just don't be a Bum and don't be Broke.
I agree with this and as I already mentioned I never said this wasn't important.

But ask yourself, do women really care if you have money? If you have a car? Or decent clothes?

I know you're going to say "yes, of course they do".

But that's not what I see, what I see is that women don't really care about those things in itself, but rather what it says about your character.

Say, you had all the things you described in the quote above, but they were giving to you by your parents and you did NOTHING to earn it yourself and every time you hooked up with a woman she found out about that, I bet many would no longer be interested....

Why?

Because it's not the things that you have, but what it implies in terms of your character.

Earning a decent income and having a respectable job requires having a certain PERSONALITY. Shallow personalities attract shallow people, but if you want a 3 dimensional person you yourself must become deeper.

I've seen and know plenty of people who have a decent income, but are still wussies in general...it contributes to your character but it isn't enough. I see people who work out in the gym 4 days a week, but when they go to any social environment all they do is sit there and don't approach anybody because they're afraid of rejection...and they've become gym addicts because in the gym they're in control, but when they're out there in the real world and they have to influence OTHER people they just can't do it because they have little control over themselves.

I totally disagree that women don't care about how your body looks.
Never said that.
My dating and social media profiles all have my shirtless pics on them. If you think that doesn't help me pull chicks then you are sadly mistaken my friend lol.
I never said they didn't, I bet it does help. But what you're mentioning here is rather passive...after all you have to get women to look at your profile in the first place. And what if that picture isn't you? What if it was you 5 years ago? What if she has 10 other guys hitting her up who are just as fit?

Personally, I no longer put pictures of myself with my shirt off. In fact, when women ask to see a picture of me I pictures like this http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...d=0CCEQMygBMAFqFQoTCO6oveGdkMkCFca7FAodYIoPyQ and tell them "I'm getting you hot under the collar right?", and if there's no reply I'd say "What? What's the matter?". I am beyond approval seeking especially random women on the internet.
This entire notion that all you need is a Personality but can be Broke as hell and Ugly/Fat as hell, but still pull Paula Patton, is complete hogwash sold by the Seduction Community because they know the guys they sell this stuff to are too damn lazy. Reminds me of those companies that sell Ab Belts lol.
I've made this point (above) already, but for the sake of argument show me where you read this?

It's as if some guys see everything as binary.

Handsome or ugly. Rich or broke. Muscular or obese. It may surprise you but most people are in between on these categories...neither or.

Is George Clooney a body builder or a billionaire? How about James Dean? Jon Hamm?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But ask yourself, do women really care if you have money? If you have a car? Or decent clothes?

I know you're going to say "yes, of course they do".

But that's not what I see, what I see is that women don't really care about those things in itself, but rather what it says about your character.
This has been a consistent theme, at least in my mind, since I came to this forum.

The optimistic fellow will believe as you do, that women will like a successful man, because he has the attributes to be successful.
Meanwhile, the pessimistic fellow will just believe that women are only out for your money, they don't give a damn about the man behind it.

Obviously in reality, there are women who fit both profiles. I tend to lean more toward the optimistic view, partly because I wouldn't give the time of day to a gold digger type. It's true there are a whole bunch of women out there who belong in the trash heap, but those aren't the women I am interested in, so I don't care about them. They're not really on my radar.

By the way, just to clarify: Even though I lean toward the optimistic side, that doesn't mean I don't believe in Briffault's Law. It's just the way women are wired, and part of why they want accomplished men.

boxing_chanp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know dude. I'm 6'5 and 250 pounds. I don't look tremendously big, because I'm tall. Also, I have some sort of Viking looking beard. While women think I'm good looking, I also feel like I intimidate them. That's never good for dating. Personally, I think women are attracted to guys they're comfortable with. Probably decent height and toned body.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know dude. I'm 6'5 and 250 pounds. I don't look tremendously big, because I'm tall. Also, I have some sort of Viking looking beard. While women think I'm good looking, I also feel like I intimidate them. That's never good for dating. Personally, I think women are attracted to guys they're comfortable with. Probably decent height and toned body.
I'm guessing that's you in your avatar. Beard looks cool, and I give you props, but I agree you'd probably do better without it. Some women are into the epic messy beard look, but most are probably turned away. Have you considered shaving it down and running a thick 6 oclock shadow look?

boxing_chanp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm guessing that's you in your avatar. Beard looks cool, and I give you props, but I agree you'd probably do better without it. Some women are into the epic messy beard look, but most are probably turned away. Have you considered shaving it down and running a thick 6 oclock shadow look?
Yeah, I have considered trimming it way down. But I'm comfortable with it. So I'll probably keep it for a while longer. It does attract a certain "sort" of woman.

Reaction score
The benefits are
+ testosterone
+ masculine appearance
+ confidence

Each of these on its own is not necessarily an immediate game changer, but it can add up...

boxing_chanp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I have considered trimming it way down. But I'm comfortable with it. So I'll probably keep it for a while longer. It does attract a certain "sort" of woman.
Right on bro. Yeah, some women like the "uber" masculine look. While most chicks like the standard clean shaven look. I keep myself clean- I dress nice. F'em if they don't like it.

carlosben

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this very insightful blog entry. I'm currently writing a dissertation about the significance of Art in a child's life. We, as adults, have to understand that Art really plays a huge role in a child's creativity and confidence.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Do Women Really Like Men With Muscles? (Big Brandon Carter)

Do you with BBC's thoughts on sluts and "good girls?"

Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do Women Really Like Men With Muscles? (Big Brandon Carter)

Do you with BBC's thoughts on sluts and "good girls?"
He's not even that big. He's cut with a descent amount of muscles.

Yes I agree with him on slvts. They are like male *****s and will bang anything that is hot. they will even hop on multiple pipes of hot dudes.

He has a good size for pulling the largest cross section of women. And like he said, now his attention is this raw sex, I will bang you on the first night thing versus before.

You could even be a little bit softer than him and have this type of attention. He nails it.

I'm glad I saw this, and it is a reminder to get off my ass and in the gym.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
that fool is buffed up

good motivation right here

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that fool is buffed up

good motivation right here
The illustration is that a body like this does most of the work for you. Plus you look great in all kinds of clothings due to the slim waistline and v taper. Women will HAVE to look even if they aren't into muscles, because it's a display of perfection. He described it properly when he said it's like a female having big plump boobs, guys will want to try it out, just like females want to try him out.

I'm going to set down and break apart my big goal into smaller goals and get my a$$ back in shape. I got a woman, but she does come harder to me when I'm in good shape. And especially if other women notice and say stuff, she is very competitive and territorial.

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The illustration is that a body like this does most of the work for you. Plus you look great in all kinds of clothings due to the slim waistline and v taper. Women will HAVE to look even if they aren't into muscles, because it's a display of perfection. He described it properly when he said it's like a female having big plump boobs, guys will want to try it out, just like females want to try him out.
^^ THIS... Nailed it right on the head.

Yes, having a fit physique isn't everything but it makes life easier when it comes to attracting women. Whether people like it or not being fit, dressing well and confidence together go a very long way...