Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Official SoSuave, "Let's Get Drunk," Liquor Recommendations Thread

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Here's some of the libations you're boy Rex likes to indulge and I'd like to recommend them to y'all.

Scotch

The Laphroaig and Oban goes well with rusty nails.

Last edited:

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score

Beer

This or any Sam Adams product for that matter is my go to beer,) It's nice hearty beer with hella flavor. Stop ****ing with Bud, Miller, and Coors, and replace that bull**** with this.

A very tasty wheat beer with hints of banana, (considering that they only used water, wheat, and hops in making the beer, it's beyond me how they got the banana in there without using banana,) Be careful with this ****, though after finishing a bottle, you'll be on the onset of getting a buzz.

If you want a light beer that actually tastes like something, then I recommend these. These are good chick beers for the chick who claims that she doesn't like beer. Though the cherry wheat tastes like cherries, it's not an overwhelming taste, you can still taste the beer, while the summer ale has hints of lemon in it.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score

This **** right here. Man! This is some straight up grown man **** and isn't for the faint of heart. When I worked at Bev Mo' I bought this simply off of the strength of the name. This what it says on the back of the bottle.

This is an aggressive ale. You probably won't like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory—maybe something with a multimillion-dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it's made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beverage will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multimillion-dollar ad campaigns make things taste better. Perhaps you're mouthing your words as you read this.

At Arrogant Bastard Brewing Co., we believe that pandering to the lowest common denominator represents the height of tyranny—a virtual form of keeping the consumer barefoot and stupid. Brought forth upon an unsuspecting public in 1997, Arrogant Bastard Ale openly challenged the tyrannical overlords who were brazenly attempting to keep Americans chained in the shackles of poor taste. As the progenitor of its style, Arrogant Bastard Ale has reveled in its unprecedented and uncompromising celebration of intensity. There have been many nods to Arrogant Bastard Ale...even outright attempts to copy it...but only one can ever embody the true nature of Liquid Arrogance!

And they back every word of it up. The taste is so rich, so full, so powerful. Coming in at a big ass 22 oz. bottle, there's so much going on with this beer. About mind way through you'll have a pretty good buzz going on. Like the people at Stone Brewing says, "Arrogant Bastard Ale isn't for everybody," and only recommend it to serious beer geeks who have developed a refined palate or an adventurous type of what to type who wants to try some new ****. This is definitely not a chick beer. Though you can have it on a empty stomach, I really wouldn't recommend it.

I would recommend that you have your Arrogant Bastard with a hearty meal, like leftover Thanksgiving, steaks, mashed potatoes, creamy spinach, or a cheeseburger and fries.

Last edited:

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro I am in love with a liquor called Flaming Dr,Pepper

No Dr.Pepper what so ever in it but it tasted just like it and it had me right the entire night.

3 parts Amaretto, 16 oz Beer, 1 part High-proof liquor

You light the shot up, let it burn for awhile then drop it in the big glass filled with beer and chug it.

The potent taste of dr.pepper is strong if you drink as soon as you drop it. If you let it sit there it will still taste like Dr.pepper but not as strong.

HeadLightsOn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great thread I just discovered this. Love GREAT high quality booze. Never drink cheap sh1t. Some of may fav base spirits:

Vodka - Grey Goose, Zubrowska (Both from the freezer - always)
Gin - Hendriks (Scotland), Beefeater 24 (has the red bottom on bottle inside), Lighthouse
Tequila (My fav) - Always 100% Blue agave. NOT a blue agave 'mix.' Best value for money Jose Cuervo 1800, although it does actually contain caramel colouring. Tromba blanco. Reposado is probably the most flavoursome, but depends on taste.
Rum - Prefer dark but Havana club is a good go to blanco. Otherwise Myers and Goslings black. The very best IMO.
Whiskey - Chivas Blended 12 year
Bourbon - Malers mark

the list goes on and these are basic examples. But have some of these in your bar and you can go wrong.

Im off to mix a real basic but delicious drink, a "Yucatan Tonic" - Lowball filled with ice. Add 2 parts reposado tequila, 1 part Cassis liquer and top up with tonic. Garnish with a lime wedge. Guys and girls love it.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I absolutely fell in love with this stuff. Warms up your insides very nicely. This 5hit's not cheap though.

When I was with my wife in St Lucia and she would make me come visit her rich friends, I would raid their liquor cabinet and get tanked because I was bored. The Gran Marnier was my favorite. I didn't know what it was. I thought it was rum. I was mixing it with coke.

HeadLightsOn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
'Arta' tequila - comes in a triangular bottle. One of the best Ive tasted and 100% agave. If you can find it, blanco, reposado or anejo, its allllll good stuff.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was with my wife in St Lucia and she would make me come visit her rich friends, I would raid their liquor cabinet and get tanked because I was bored. The Gran Marnier was my favorite. I didn't know what it was. I thought it was rum. I was mixing it with coke.
Sounds like something I would do.

I'm fairly frustrated with alcohol selection out there. I make it a point to find things I can enjoy drinking without mixing it with soda pop since I generally make an effort to avoid it. I love drinking the Grand Marnier straight.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If anyone is in Philly check on beers from the Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company. Especially "A Shape of Hops to Come" if you're into IPAs. And who isn't nowadays?

Also check out the brewery itself up in Bristol. Great beer and fun games (arcade, air hockey, billiards).