Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can someone help me with shaving?

RazorAzoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is dumb question/discussion. I didn't really have a male figure in my life that showed me this stuff.

I'm wondering if someone can please help me with information on shaving. If I don't shave for about 3 days I love the way my face looks, it looks a lot better with some scruff. However, how do I keep it that way? I hate the way it looks when I use shaving cream and shave it close with a razor and I don't like how it looks when it grows longer than that scruff. I bought an electric razor but it cuts it down too much, like clean shaven.

I'm thinking there's gotta be an electric razor out there that has a setting to achieve that scruff look all the time? Please help with any information.

Also, does it look strange to have scruff on your face but clean shave your neck? My neck gets so irritated and itchy with hair on it.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm thinking there's gotta be an electric razor out there that has a setting to achieve that scruff look all the time? Please help with any information.

Also, does it look strange to have scruff on your face but clean shave your neck? My neck gets so irritated and itchy with hair on it.
Try barber clippers. They have guards that can go pretty low so you should fine one for the length you desire but they don't shave as fine as an electric razor.

As for 5 o'clock shadow vis a vis neckbeard I say shave below your adam's apple and trim with clippers above it. If you shave at the jawline it tends to look awkward.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can get a set of clippers at places like Walmart for pretty cheap. They come with different sized plastic guides that go over the blades, depending on how long you want to keep it. Make sure you clean the blades after every use, and oil them before you use them, and they'll last you a long time.

As a side note, buy two of them: One for your face and one for your pubes. Women don't like putting their face in a stinky piss-and-sweat-filled man bush.

RazorAzoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Regarding the pubes, I use the Phillips BodyGroom electric razor.

Thanks for the replies so far, much appreciated. So it looks like you are both recommending barber clippers with different guards? I wonder is that what Adam Levine uses to always have the scruff? That's the kind I like on my face.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely barber clippers. I use a Remington that's about $20 on Amazon for my beard. If I were to put the guard down to 1 it would be scruff-level. (I have it at 2 for my beard and razor-shave my neck, but that's me.)

RazorAzoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely barber clippers. I use a Remington that's about $20 on Amazon for my beard. If I were to put the guard down to 1 it would be scruff-level. (I have it at 2 for my beard and razor-shave my neck, but that's me.)
Thanks for the info. As far as your neck, do you just razor shave below the Adams apple or shave your entire neck?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. As far as your neck, do you just razor shave below the Adams apple or shave your entire neck?
I shave where the beard is, so in my case a little bit below the Adam's apple and all the neck. I have some chest hair on my neck that encroaches a bit, but let's just say you can tell where the beard ends and the chest hair begins. So I leave the chest/neck hair that's in the sunken part of my neck beneath the Adam's apple. My beard (the part I clip but don't shave) stops at the jawline. It works for me because without it I'd have a less profound jawline and I'd look kind of doughy.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The smaller clippers are a little easier to use. Big ones are for cutting hair. Most of them are cordless, but the corded ones are cheap.

You might as well buy a nose/ear hair trimmer, too. They look like this:

RazorAzoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK I bought a grooming set from Walmart for $20. Comes with small clippers with 6 different guards, foil head shaver attachment, detailer attachment, and even a nose/ear trimmer attachment. Hopefully it works. For me it takes like 5-7 days to get the scruff I want so that will be like Wednesday and I'll try it. The lowest guard is 1/16 of an inch so I should be good.