Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lacking in Manners

Dynamited

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Guys

After the end of my LTR a year ago, I have been dating rather aggressively to keep myself in the game.

I've noticed on quite a few dates after I paid for the bill, the girl just sits there and says nothing. I'm cool paying sometimes but geez..would it be that hard to just say 'thanks'.

Come to think of it, I've yet to have one tell me "I'll get the next round" or to that effect.

Some will send me a thank you text after the date and I appreciate that.

It's those that remain silent even after we've parted ways which pisses me off.

Needless to say I won't bother asking them out again.

Any of you guys experienced something similar before?

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah basically means pump n dump if u can be bothered. In an LTR they would be a p i t a taking everything as their due and never giving you any credit.

Dynamited

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never expect them to get the next round. There's been debates my entire 10 years here on sosuave about whether a girl should pay for the first date. My answer has always been the same. It is the man's job to invite the girl out, so it is the man's job to pay. First date should be drinks and nothing more. If you guys have issues with paying for a drink or two, then you need to really look inward at your finances and any control issues that you have lingering, because you're basing all of your expectations on what should be rather than what is.

Now, if she never does send a text afterwards, acknowledging that she at least enjoyed my company, then I'm not going back to her. Because the interest level was never really there. But this is not that significant an issue for the guy who is spinning lots of plates and generating lots of options. You won't worry about it when you got more than one woman to entertain. If all of the women are treating you this way, then it's you not them.
I never had a problem paying for the first few dates. It's usually drinks or a quick bite so it's not going to break the bank.

A good tip on a text afterwards. I too use that as a gauge of interest level and how well the date went.

Thankfully this only happens to only a small number of females that i date

Dynamited

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your own expectations are the problem.

You expect them to kiss your *ss because you bought them something. Maybe some recognition would be nice.. But for you to get all pissy about it is silly.
Why would saying thanks be taken as kissing my ass? It's just extending common courtesy to someone that did you a nice gesture. I always make it a point to say it when I experience that.

But ubercat made a point about a giver or taker. Best LTRs I had were with girls who exhibited an appreciative attitude from the get go.

latinnova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan at all of women who lack in manners. I also find it a huge turn off if women have the sense of humor of a guy. What I mean by that is by burping loud as hell, making raunchy comments all the time, etc. etc.... that just makes me seriously not look at them as a woman that I want to fvck, but a cool friend I can hang around. I guess some dudes might like that, but it's an instant boner killer to me.

Dynamited

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan at all of women who lack in manners. I also find it a huge turn off if women have the sense of humor of a guy. What I mean by that is by burping loud as hell, making raunchy comments all the time, etc. etc.... that just makes me seriously not look at them as a woman that I want to fvck, but a cool friend I can hang around. I guess some dudes might like that, but it's an instant boner killer to me.
Reminds me of this girl i dated once. Her swearing could make a sailor blush and she kept checking her phone.

Deleted her number after the date.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I consider a woman's expression of appreciation to be very important. When I buy a woman lunch, let's say, I expect a thank-you. She may forget, being stunned and helpless within my magnificent presence, so I'll give her a second chance for a thank-you text soon after.

Politeness is very, very important to me. But to each his own. I get it that it's not as important to some men. For me, a thank you or a lack thereof speaks volumes about her character, and the fact is that I'll only deal with appreciative women.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's about interest level. I would just take it as her telling me she was not that interested. It hardly ever happens to me, because I spend a lot of time qualifying a woman before I will ask her out. I'm only meeting her if I think her interest is high. Maybe I miss some lays this way, but I don't waste any money.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your own expectations are the problem.

You expect them to kiss your *ss because you bought them something. Maybe some recognition would be nice.. But for you to get all pissy about it is silly.
No you are wrong.
Grattitude and kindness are of value, if a girl does not display value get rid of her

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I consider a woman's expression of appreciation to be very important. When I buy a woman lunch, let's say, I expect a thank-you. She may forget, being stunned and helpless within my magnificent presence, so I'll give her a second chance for a thank-you text soon after.

Politeness is very, very important to me. But to each his own. I get it that it's not as important to some men. For me, a thank you or a lack thereof speaks volumes about her character, and the fact is that I'll only deal with appreciative women.
Good for you and agreed.
Women who dont appreciate are also not kind or loving. good ridance