Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The person you are

Dryden

Don Juan
Reaction score
is someone who doesn't take **** from anyone.

That's the real you. You just don't take crap from anyone. You call them out on it. You throw it back in their faces.

The person you are is a lot less civlized in that sense. You just don't take crap. Other people may be living in a crap world and habitually throw crap at anyone, but you like clean clothes.

You are outspoken and let people know when you don't like something.

You don't care much about being left "alone" because of it. You have a confidence that everything will work out around that.

You tell it like it is.

TheSplat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No offense man, but what if someone took the advice you typed at face value they'd become a real jerk.

You can not take crap and still not "throw it back in their faces." You can choose to not take crap by walking away, or not responding.

As far as outspoken goes, Robert Greene has a Law of Power that says behave like a sheep, but think like a wolf. Keep it inside, pick your battles, and always be bold in the opportune moments.

As long as you pick your battles wisely, you will never be left alone.

You're on the right track though.

Dryden

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay right so what if you can't walk away; you do not have that luxury. Ie. you might be locked up in whatever situation.

And not responding might mean that people are going to have their way around you? There is usually not an opportunity to really not speak because people will assume an answer anyway. I know there are moments when you can completely avoid returning an answer, but your mere presence is often an answer in itself. Body language, eye contact, all that stuff. The situation often mandates that you speak out loudly to defend yourself, on occasion. You may be accused of things. Staying silent may mean an admissal or 'confession'.

I know there are many situation where not responding might mean that you do not care about the question, you might not care about giving an answer; it does not interest you, in a sense it is beneath you. You might look out the window instead, or talk about something else.

You let it slide off you in a way. But what if you cannot do that?

What if it is a reason and a time to speak up for yourself? To defend your integrity?

What if you are in a situation where you are continually hurt and damaged? How do you respond? Walk away? You can't do that.

Not respond? It might mean you go without essentials.

Of course the question is how essential everything is.

Thougths?

Thanks for the compliment though :). Appreciated.

logicallefty

Reaction score
OP, you have some outstanding points. I will just add that there are different levels of it to be exercised at different times. Work is the biggest one that comes to my mind where you may not want to go full boar. But with stupid women and their games and sh|t tests, yes, full steam ahead.

Dryden

Don Juan
Reaction score
Also I want to say that I don't think much of anyone considers me a jerk. They may think I am an as$hole, sure. But not a jerk ;-).

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
is someone who doesn't take **** from anyone.

That's the real you. You just don't take crap from anyone. You call them out on it. You throw it back in their faces.

The person you are is a lot less civlized in that sense. You just don't take crap. Other people may be living in a crap world and habitually throw crap at anyone, but you like clean clothes.

You are outspoken and let people know when you don't like something.

You don't care much about being left "alone" because of it. You have a confidence that everything will work out around that.

You tell it like it is.
This is all well and good, until the HEAT gets turned up on you.

For example, I'm a Black Republican. Just the utter thought of a black man being a Republican creates a sea of harassment, mocking, stalking, threats, etc. from other black people.

Some Black Republicans just prefer to not deal with this shyt and remain "secret" about it. I mean I'm all for keeping it real and being outspoken, but I'm just saying if you haven't REALLY stood on a principle that REALLY caused a significant portion of your own damn race to hate you....then I think most of these "words of inspiration" is nothing but Monday morning quarterbacking.

Dryden

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I am pretty much in a sense of heat because.......

Let's say I was "inspired" (earlier) to write something like this here (not sure if it is it) because I realized more and more that I just will not accept certain treatment from certain people, regardless of what it "may seem" to cost me. In the sense that once they know my position and what I will do regardless of further consequences if they keep doing their shyte, in that sense "knowing me" means safety for me. Instead of arguing with someone about something I will just joke around and promise them hell in a 'sweet' way if they keep it up, and once the message is out in this non-offensive way, I can slowly begin turning up the heat and being more seriously about it.

Republicans and Democrats and all that means nothing outside the USA, for all you know. But I can understand your position. But my own "standing on principle" (in a bad way) caused a lot of hell for me, I can tell you. I don't know if being locked up for 10 months now counts as "the heat being turned up" for you. You might say I have rather (?) overestimated (?) myself instead of anyting else (?).

And what I'm just saying is that the real you really like, has no time to put up with nonsense. Eventually you find out who you are and you realize that more and more all the crap they are giving you, are are stopping to take it seriously. You are starting to play around with it. You are becoming serious about it. You are saying up front what you will do if they keep it up " ;-) ". You are bringing the message that you are just not to be trifled with, any longer, in any case. You are just slowly getting them used to that idea.

And the good thing with any of that is that once you've reached a certain position with any one person, you have reached it with anyone. The same joke/statement you can suddenly make without effort.

And I have this feeling of a beast that has been subdued, they call it "giants" in spiritual texts, they say there is a beast or a giant sleeping and that is you. And once you realize and "wake up" and see how shackled you are, you will stretch and the shackles will break. And you will turn out to be much "greater" than you thought you were.

But that also means: and this is what I believe firmly, that as a Man in any case, and that is what I am I guess...

It also means that you become bigger in the sense of not having to deal with nonsense any more and in that sense you become dangerous and more strong. And unafraid to use violence in a certain sense.

And people who know who you are and what you might do, they will respect you in that sense. Because you don't trifle with someone whom you know will act out if you cross the line. And who will act out without hesitation or regret.

A person that is perfectly clear on how important something is to him/her (some boundary) will make it clear to others how clear he/she is about that. And that person will know what will happen if they do it anyway.

And he will have the authority to say "don't act surprised, I told you you had this coming."

And with this comes a sense of being "allowed" to be this way. In the end, the thing you are being WITHOUT EXCUSE is the thing people will accept of you, will accept in any case. Anything that you are without any sense of apology, is something people will just get used to and will accept as the reality of things that they cannot change anyway. It will relax their mind around it because you are relaxed around it.

And they will stop even noticing it as something "out of the ordinary" in that sense that people take offense at how you are.

No one can really take offense at who you are because "what is" in the end cannot be changed. It is perfectly clear to anyone that what is is immutable.

But only if you stand up for it and make it a living reality of your person, instead of just a hidden secret that no one can know about.

But of course, proceed with caution, with policy.

And part of not taking crap is also keeping a check on your information boundaries. Not anyone needs to know who you are in that sense that they have a right to all kind of details about you. "Who you are" and "what the social service has on file on you" is not exactly the same thing. People are allowed to know "who and what you are" (that is what is visible) but that doesn't mean they need to know all your details and "external" data about you.

Outside of the States being a Republican means absolutely nothing to most people, unless they are affiliated with the States in some way.

In my own country political affiliation also means perhaps 10% of what it means with/to you.

Until you do something nasty like becoming a member of some party that is identified as a "pedo" party or something like that. THAT is "when the heat gets turned up on you" in this country at least.

But you can tell them if you want, and if you don't care to tell, by all means don't.

And don't let people in on secrets they can't handle. I don't speak of many or most things with people who are just too dumb or underdeveloped to care about it and who will only misinterpret everything I say.

They call this "don't let your left hand know what your right is doing"

They also say "Don't give pearls to the swine."

If you feel you are "better" or more in the right about something you believe in.....

It depends. It depends it depends, of course it depends.

Find your own safety. Don't abandon it. I will give you that. Of course you are right.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always been puzzled by all the emphasis on not taking any sh!t from anyone on this site. Are people walking around giving y'all crap all day? Why do they disrespect you to this extent? I can't remember the last time someone tried to give me garbage. What are you guys doing to garner all this disrespect?

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a difference between "telling it like it is", and being completely inane. I think many people who fail to mesh with others are the later. First and foremost, none of us are all knowing in all matters of life. We don't "tell it like it is", we "tell it like we see it". Everyone thinks their opinions are better than the next guys, but the key fact here is that no one really cares. This is where Robert Greene's statement "Think as you will , but act like others" has its merits.

I am fairly confident about my knowledge of the world, and what the "facts" are...but as I navigate the world, I am becoming more humbled with my opinions. People seem more receptive of opinions when you preface by saying that "in my experience...____". If it resonates with people, you'll know. If not , than be mature enough to listen to the other point of view. There is a very good chance that you have miscalculated something, and can actually benefit to learn something from someone else. It takes a lot for someone to admit their knowledge is incomplete and often times lacking.