Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What OLD/Tinder has taught me. Data included.

Slash Dolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In short, it's not worth the time and effort.

First, some backstory. I was dating an HB9 from 2012 to 2014. About two years. I met her through a friend in person. I gamed, I sexed, I conquered. It was that easy. We ended up making it exclusive a few months in.

Fast forward to 2015. I've been single most of the year, dating/having sex with women I've met at parties, through friends, or friends themselves (yeah, it's possible.) The past few months, I've been in a funk; plates have gotten into relationships, and it's been hard to meet new women as my town is quite small. So I turned to Tinder.

First, let me address some things; yes, I'm a pretty good looking guy. I would say I'm an 8 out of 10 if I am being modest. You can believe this or not, but I have no reason to lie over the internet to impress strangers on a message board. And yes, I have humility and am always trying to learn; I've followed guides when things weren't working out, in particular this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/3l310a/the_red_pillers_guide_to_online_dating/ ...which gave me much worse results than normal, mind you. I don't recommend following it. Or try it, maybe it'll work for you, idk.

I didn't track my data, but I can give generally accurate estimates here. I changed things up consistently to see what worked the best, from my default picture, to my bio, to my openers and humor/dominance/sexuality. I matched with a little over a hundred women in a 2 month period ranging from 6s to 9.5s in looks. I probably swiped... well, I dunno, a lot. Over a thousand for sure. I swiped only 7s and above generally. Sometimes I'd swipe 6s, maybe 20-30 times out of >1000. I found that a witty/funny opening pertaining to something on their profile had the best chance of getting a response. Asking for their number or something of the sort before asking for a date generally worked better. I think maybe 6-7 girls total messaged me first. Overall my response rate I'd say, with trying different methods, was around 30%. I asked a total of maybe 20 girls out on dates. In some cases I'd get their number, but wouldn't ask them out because they were painfully boring. I had maybe 7 agree to dates. Flakes happened of course. So what's the grand total of dates I went on? Drum roll please...

Two.

I had two dates. One with a 7 (who turned out to be a 6) and one with an 8 (who turned out to be a 7). I didn't try to have sex or really pursue anything with either. But something crazy happened... once we actually met, these girls were incredibly receptive. The texted me after immediately saying what an awesome time they had and how they want to do it again. Even being interested enough to go out in the first place, they weren't as receptive til after. And that's the key. Once the real life meet happens, you're pretty much in if your game is good, and mine is. The problem is getting these flakey attention wh0res OUT in the first place.

Now, we can blame this on a lot of things. My text game, which I think is strong (and yes, I pretty much never texted back immediately to build intrigue). My looks, which I think are strong. My experimentation, which I don't think hampered me too too much. My standards, which I don't think are too high.

So what could I have done to improve my success rate without lowering my standards? Stick to what works for me with openers, for one. Improve my physique and take some shirtless pics for two (I have a fairly athletic build, but still need to drop my body fat a bit; thing is, I was banging a 9 back in March and was 6 lbs. heavier then... this isn't really an issue in real life situations). And be more persistent and put in MORE effort to try and get dates for three.

If there are DJs here who have success with Tinder and online dating, I'd love to hear your methods, how you rate yourself, what you put in your profile, etc. But for me, I'm stumped. I put in more effort to get two dates with incredibly average looking girls than I EVER did getting 9s in reality. For those who haven't tried the Tinder game, I'm not saying don't try it, but rather, don't try it expecting the same success rate as in reality. You'll be horrendously disappointed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd have to see your profile to analyze a potential issue. I manage online dating accounts for men so I follow a proven strategy and wee guarantee our results. Check out a blog post I wrote with some great tips for online dating: http://www.prodatingassistant.com/10-Reasons-You-Suck-At-Online-Dating.php

Shoot me a PM if you want me to look at your profile and give some honest feedback

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I have no issues getting dates/numbers/lays from online dating. I rarely get flaked on, although recently it's happened more than normal...Perhaps I was just getting lucky for a stretch?

In the last 2 days, I've got 5 numbers and 2 dates set up. One tonight, one Thursday.

Unsure what you are doing or not doing that's causing issues. I'm not great looking by any means. Maybe a 6-7 but I'm built like a Brahma Bull, which definitely helps.

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no issues getting dates/numbers/lays from online dating. I rarely get flaked on, although recently it's happened more than normal...Perhaps I was just getting lucky for a stretch?

In the last 2 days, I've got 5 numbers and 2 dates set up. One tonight, one Thursday.

Unsure what you are doing or not doing that's causing issues. I'm not great looking by any means. Maybe a 6-7 but I'm built like a Brahma Bull, which definitely helps.

You're built like that? Whoa..

Slash Dolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd have to see your profile to analyze a potential issue. I manage online dating accounts for men so I follow a proven strategy and wee guarantee our results. Check out a blog post I wrote with some great tips for online dating: http://www.prodatingassistant.com/10-Reasons-You-Suck-At-Online-Dating.php

Shoot me a PM if you want me to look at your profile and give some honest feedback
I'll hit you up with a PM soon. Yours was one of the articles I read and took to heart, funnily enough. I think the issue I have, even with the tips you will give me to possibly improve, is just how much effort I have to put forth just to get a date with a girl who most likely doesn't even look like her pictures.

My physique is certainly my weakpoint. I'm around 20% body fat at the moment; probably a little under at 18%. Do shirtless pics really make that much of a difference?

Reaction score
I think the issue I have, even with the tips you will give me to possibly improve, is just how much effort I have to put forth just to get a date with a girl who most likely doesn't even look like her pictures.
Simple solution to make sure they look like their pictures = make them text you photos of themselves that aren't online before you meet up in person.. ALWAYS see a full body shot. Literally ALWAYS.. in fact if she doesn't have a photo online showing her entire body.. its a universal guarantee she's overweight haha

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think your actually doing pretty well. You can just post a pic of yourself in a tight singlet or t-shirt but yes you're definitely going to need a fbuild to get more of them on dates. There's many reasons for doing online dating. But it is very random so I'd suggest looking at some of Espi s posts is he is very good at making It Time efficient. The good thing about online dating is that you know they are in the market in some shape or form. Bad thing is that it encourages flaky attention-whoring by its nature. It is great for practice because you can copy paste lines into text and emails. Given that most chicks have standard situations and standard s*** tests you can drill yourself on how to respond to them and that helps plenty in the real world. So in summary I'd say sure try to get better at getting laid off it. It can be a huge time suck so get good at spamming, cookie cutting your texts and your emails and doing minimal responses.

But also take the attitude that this is DJ bootcamp. If you can successfully deal with chicks in this very flaky environment you are going to carve it up back in the world.

Slash Dolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the tips. OLD is just so perplexing to me compared to reality where I can just flash some charisma and humor and get a girl. With my crappy small town it's one of the few options I have to meet girls a town or two over that also won't cost me an arm and a leg. 2 dates (3 after last night) from Tinder after 100+ matches is pretty bad though. I guess I'll hit the treadmill more and see if that increases my dates.