Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Philando Castile's Murderer Gets Away

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I can't believe this. Jeronimo Yanez (the officer who shot Castile) gets OFF. No verdict, no slap on the wrist, no detention, no nothing.

How in the living hell can anybody say this wasn't manslaughter? Castile was licensed to carry, he announced he had a gun (which he has every right to have), and within 3 seconds the Officer starts firing off rounds. That's fvcking manslaughter. Most of these "black lives matter" cases involve black people who are thugs and jack a.sses, doing thug and jack a.ss shyt. This is NOT that case. Philando was shot for no gawd damn reason. That could have EASILY been me.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/21/us/video-police-shooting-philando-castile-trial.html

Trunks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is nuts. That cop belongs in a jail cell.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The question is whether he was pulling out the gun despite being ordered not to.

That part seems conveniently left out of your narrative Tenacity.
I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Most people tend to take Philando's side. However, why did he even say he had a gun on him??? Furthermore, why did he reach for something (whatever it was) when he had just said he had a gun???

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even if you dont have a gun in the car, and regardless of what state you are in, if you get pulled over you sit in the drivers seat with your hands on the steering wheel until the officer walks up to your window and asks for your identification, and then you tell the officer that you are going to get your ID from your X and you do it slowly and you do everything in plain sight and then put your hands back onto the steering wheel and sit quietly. You do whatever that officer wants you to do if you want a positive ending.

in Texas, if I get pulled over, I am required to hand my concealed handgun license and my drivers license to the officer, and then I place both my hands back onto the steering wheel. The next question is always "do you have a gun in he vehicle?" If I have a gun in the vehicle, the next series of events are me opening my door, with both hands, from the outside of the door, exiting the vehicle and standing wherever the fvck the officer tells me to while he retrieves the firearm from where I tell him it is.

Anything other than that level of respect and understanding is asking for trouble.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe you are supposed to inform officers when you have a gun, but that may vary from State to State?

Ultimately when an officer knows you have a gun, and you reach for it despite orders not to, the officer has reason to believe you intend harm. This would be just as true in a vehicle as it would be in a stand off.

Bottom line, reaching for a deadly weapon when told not to is what got this guy killed.

Unfortunately without video we don't know if he was reaching for the gun, but we also do not have reason to believe he wasn't reaching for it.
We do know he was being respectful and trying to do the right thing. We could go further and say that the extreme anti-police narrative contributed to this, because he was probably paranoid and really thought the cops were going to arrest him for being black.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
The question is whether he was pulling out the gun despite being ordered not to.

That part seems conveniently left out of your narrative Tenacity.
I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Most people tend to take Philando's side. However, why did he even say he had a gun on him??? Furthermore, why did he reach for something (whatever it was) when he had just said he had a gun???
I disagree with you guys on this one, this one right here was a bad shoot......without a doubt.

Castile had already provided a portion of the documentation needed when you are pulled over (either he had provided the ID or the insurance/registration) then he was reaching for the remaining portions of it. While reaching for the remaining portions of it, he LOUDLY and CLEARLY announces that he has a Gun, which is a right that he has as long as he's licensed to carry it.

If you watch the video, it's less than 3 seconds after Castile says that he has the Gun, that the Officer takes off firing 5 - 7 rounds. WTF was he shooting for other than the notion of there's an N-word with a gun? Assuming that because it's an N-word, the gun isn't registered and the N-word has no business carrying it?

Let me ask you guys a question, if I have a gun and plan on shooting the Cop with it, why would I announce that I have it? What sense would that make? "Ohhhhh, so I have a gun on me and plan on shooting the Cop with it, so let me TELL the Cop I have the gun before I pull it out, so apparently the Cop can pull his gun out before me and shoot me before I shoot him?" What kinda damn sense would that make?

This was a bad shoot, the Officer knows that, it's why he started whining like a bytch after the shooting took place. The only reason the Officer "feared for his life" was because he feared Castile for being a black man in general. The whole "he looked like a robbery suspect" is some made up bullshyt to help make excuses for the Officer.

Last edited:

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Even if you dont have a gun in the car, and regardless of what state you are in, if you get pulled over you sit in the drivers seat with your hands on the steering wheel until the officer walks up to your window and asks for your identification, and then you tell the officer that you are going to get your ID from your X and you do it slowly and you do everything in plain sight and then put your hands back onto the steering wheel and sit quietly. You do whatever that officer wants you to do if you want a positive ending.
Okay then why didn't the Officer instruct him to do so? The video is right there, never at one time did he tell him this until he started yelling "don't grab it" and 2 - 3 seconds later starts shooting. He didn't give the boy time to even PUT his hands on the steering wheel.

It's clearly a situation of Officer Jack-Ass-Onimo Yanez seen a black man (N-word) with a GUN, assumed he wasn't supposed to have it, supposed he was about to use it, and used his gun first. So the "he was in fear of his life" argument was strictly due to racial stereotyping, NOT anything that Castile was doing. It's not MY FAULT nor Castile's fault that we are black and all black men are stereotyped as one way. Some of us are NOT Ray Ray and Pookie's dumb a.ss

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay then why didn't the Officer instruct him to do so? The video is right there, never at one time did he tell him this until he started yelling "don't grab it" and 2 - 3 seconds later starts shooting. He didn't give the boy time to even PUT his hands on the steering wheel.

It's clearly a situation of Officer Jack-Ass-Onimo Yanez seen a black man (N-word) with a GUN, assumed he wasn't supposed to have it, supposed he was about to use it, and used his gun first. So the "he was in fear of his life" argument was strictly due to racial stereotyping, NOT anything that Castile was doing. It's not MY FAULT nor Castile's fault that we are black and all black men are stereotyped as one way. Some of us are NOT Ray Ray and Pookie's dumb a.ss
2-3 seconds is enough time for 'the boy' to put his hands on the steering wheel, why didn't 'the boy' do that? (stop calling him 'the boy' that feels derogatory, he was a person)

From what I recall of the video, the officer CLEARLY told the driver not to reach for the gun several, several times, which indicates that the officer perceives a threat. The officer was too busy telling the driver to not reach for his gun to instruct him to put his hands on the wheel. My larger question is, why did the officer have to tell him 2-3 times not to reach for the gun? After the first warning, why didn't the driver cease ALL activity? I can clearly hear that the officer is in distress about the situation. You can read this in his inflection. If I had heard this inflection, I would have known that I needed to behave in a manner where the officer felt not threatened. I would have put my hands in my lap, palms up, sat still and told the officer that I would wait for further instruction. Instead you have he officer telling the driver multiple times not to 'do that'. Every time the officer told the driver not to reach for his gun, the drivers response to the officer was "im not reaching for my gun!" and the driver apparently kept reaching for something. Yes, benefit of the doubt, the driver was reaching for his ID. The problem is that the only appropriate response in that situation is to go dead fish limp. When law people think you are reaching for a weapon, it means you are about to take a bullet. And this officer clearly indicated that he was feeling threatened.

I've actually come to the conclusion that most parents fail at instructing their children what to do if they are ever pulled over by an officer of the law. My parents never gave me instructions, did yours? Anyone who is reading this, did your parents ever coach you as to the proper behavior to display if you are pulled over? The behavior that will ensure that you remain safe? Did they even talk about what to do when you get pulled over? I'm confused as to why this is NOT a part of drivers education schooling/training, and further confused why parents drop the ball when it comes to this moment in time.

That's how I see it.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me ask you guys a question, if I have a gun and plan on shooting the Cop with it, why would I announce that I have it? What sense would that make? "Ohhhhh, so I have a gun on me and plan on shooting the Cop with it, so let me TELL the Cop I have the gun before I pull it out, so apparently the Cop can pull his gun out before me and shoot me before I shoot him?" What kinda damn sense would that make?
I agree on this one, the more I think about it.

He shouldn't have pulled his gun, or whatever it was. He should have obeyed the cops. But the cops should not have shot him either. I don't think the guy had any malicious intent at all.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
police officer training is to secure the location so that the location is not a threat to the officer. it doesn't matter what his intent was with the gun. Innocuous or not, the police are trained to secure the location, and that includes obtaining the firearm and creating a non threatening situation, for the officer, at the location.

If I were this driver I would expect nothing less to happen to me if I behaved in the same manner.

For me these situations became less socking once I took my CHL training. CHL training tells you to shoot to kill. The training also tells you that it is legal to shoot to kill if you perceive a threat to your life. If you shoot in the knee caps, or the shoulders, or some other part of the body, with the intention of simply disabling the threat, it demonstrates to a court of law that you were not really in fear of your life, therefore you should not have shot anyone, and you will go to jail and/or can be sued privately. CHL training made me realize guns were no joke. If they are pointed at you, you need to take that serious because the person on the other end considers you a threat to their life, and intends to shoot to kill That is what this driver didn't realize.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The shooting victim sounds drunk, or fvcked up on something. The cop is just too stupid to realize that the guy is fvcked up and trying to comply.

The next step is a civil suit against the cop individually as well as the police force. The burden of proof is much lower in civil court, and I think his family will definitely win some money.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
2-3 seconds is enough time for 'the boy' to put his hands on the steering wheel, why didn't 'the boy' do that? (stop calling him 'the boy' that feels derogatory, he was a person)

From what I recall of the video, the officer CLEARLY told the driver not to reach for the gun several, several times, which indicates that the officer perceives a threat. The officer was too busy telling the driver to not reach for his gun to instruct him to put his hands on the wheel. My larger question is, why did the officer have to tell him 2-3 times not to reach for the gun? After the first warning, why didn't the driver cease ALL activity? I can clearly hear that the officer is in distress about the situation. You can read this in his inflection. If I had heard this inflection, I would have known that I needed to behave in a manner where the officer felt not threatened. I would have put my hands in my lap, palms up, sat still and told the officer that I would wait for further instruction. Instead you have he officer telling the driver multiple times not to 'do that'. Every time the officer told the driver not to reach for his gun, the drivers response to the officer was "im not reaching for my gun!" and the driver apparently kept reaching for something. Yes, benefit of the doubt, the driver was reaching for his ID. The problem is that the only appropriate response in that situation is to go dead fish limp. When law people think you are reaching for a weapon, it means you are about to take a bullet. And this officer clearly indicated that he was feeling threatened.

I've actually come to the conclusion that most parents fail at instructing their children what to do if they are ever pulled over by an officer of the law. My parents never gave me instructions, did yours? Anyone who is reading this, did your parents ever coach you as to the proper behavior to display if you are pulled over? The behavior that will ensure that you remain safe? Did they even talk about what to do when you get pulled over? I'm confused as to why this is NOT a part of drivers education schooling/training, and further confused why parents drop the ball when it comes to this moment in time.

That's how I see it.
After Castile said I have a gun, the Officer says "you don't need to grab it" very quickly within 3 seconds and then starts firing rounds. He didn't even give the Man time to put his hands up, on a steering wheel, or anything. The Gun could have been in the same pocket as the remaining items needed for the pull-over (ID, insurance, registration). As a licensed Gun owner, he had every RIGHT to have a gun in the car. He had every RIGHT to have the gun in his pocket.

This is a very simple case. There's a stereotype of Black Men, it's that we are all Ray Ray and Pookie's dumb a.ss. The Officer thought Castile was another "Ray Ray" with an unregistered gun, riding around smoking weed/high, and could potentially USE it on the Cop. So when the Cop heard "I have a gun" he immediately thinks this "N-Word/Thug" is about to use it illegally.

The Officer fvcked up. There's no way in hell anybody can blame Castile for this.

For the simple reason that the Officer got away without Manslaughter, NOW they give credibility to the Black Lives Matter lunatics and everybody on this forum knows I can't stand Black Lives Matter, cause they routinely MARCH for Ray Ray and Pookie's dumb a.ss, who were doing dumb a.ss shyt during the time of their altercation.

Castile wasn't a Ray Ray or a Pookie! SAZC please watch the video again:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CHL training tells you to shoot to kill. The training also tells you that it is legal to shoot to kill if you perceive a threat to your life. If you shoot in the knee caps, or the shoulders, or some other part of the body, with the intention of simply disabling the threat, it demonstrates to a court of law that you were not really in fear of your life, therefore you should not have shot anyone, and you will go to jail and/or can be sued privately.
That is total bullsh!t. Teaching a gun course does make one qualified to give legal advice.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Bible_Belt I snipped this,
If you have taken a concealed carry class or any self-defense handgun or carbine course, your instructor should have taught that when you must use your gun in self-defense, you keep shooting until the threat has stopped. We are never taught shoot to wound or shoot to kill.

In the split second you choose to use your gun in self-defense, by law, you must feel your life is in imminent danger of serious bodily harm or death. For a more in-depth discussion of how the law views justifiable self-defense, read my blog “When can you Use Deadly Force?” With that said, if you feel your life is in danger, keep shooting until you feel your safety is secure.

from this page.
http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/dont-shoot-wound-taught-shoot-threat-stops/

I would think a deeper dive on google would yield more results that support what my CHL teacher said.

@Tenacity, I hear him say 3 times to not reach for the gun/not pull it out. I agree the whole thing wen down really quickly, actually in less than a second, and the driver was probably not reaching for the gun. The whole thing is absoliutely horrible. Was the police officer profiling/racist? We cant really know but he did exactly what he was trained to do as an officer. He warned the driver and, when he felt the driver didnt comply, and felt in fear of his life, he shot him.

Again tho, as a CHL holder and gun owner, I was instructed to hand my CHL to the officer, sit where he could see my hands, await further instruction, and comply like my life depended on it, because it did. And even after the driver gets shot the police officer has to continue to tell the people to not move because they are so distraught they are compelled to help the victim. It's just a horrible shame. Really it's behavior that we need to instruct our young people on.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is total bullsh!t. Teaching a gun course does make one qualified to give legal advice.
No it's not. It makes complete sense.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't believe this. Jeronimo Yanez (the officer who shot Castile) gets OFF. No verdict, no slap on the wrist, no detention, no nothing.
Wait, so now you get what some of the fellow brothers on this forum been saying to you for over a year? That sometimes doing everything right doesn't matter if your skin is the wrong color?

Would you look at that?!

Not going to get into the deflection some people will use to justify the cop, because it's all baked in bull****. Bottom line is this guy did everything "right" and was killed by the cop in front his child. And some people in this country are too ****ed up to admit that the cop could actually have made a serious mistake.

Another day, another black man killed for no reason. Shrugs.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Bible_Belt I snipped this,
If you have taken a concealed carry class or any self-defense handgun or carbine course, your instructor should have taught that when you must use your gun in self-defense, you keep shooting until the threat has stopped. We are never taught shoot to wound or shoot to kill.
Well if the sh!t ever hits the fan, and I give you a gun to watch my back, that's what I am going to tell you, too. That's practical, effective advice.

Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with the law. They make up bullsh!t like that to sell you gun courses. People love to be told what they want to hear. There is nothing at all in over a thousand years of self-defense law that requires you to use deadly force. Such a thing does not exist.

Another thing about "keep shooting until the threat has stopped." my neighbor did four years for a murder charge, plead down to manslaughter. A guy came up to a window and emptied a pistol at him through the window, but he missed with every shot. Then my neighbor shot him six times. The cops and DA told him one shot was self-defense. Shots 2 through 5 were murder.

I have never seen more ignorance passed off as knowledge in any other body of law besides self-defense. These people are feeding you bullsh!t to get your money. Talk to someone with a law degree about when it's ok to shoot somebody. The message you're going to get, one that I paid a lot of money at school to learn, is much different than what you are told by your average gun nut with an Internet blog. But that message doesn't sell very well, and it's not the story that makes it the easiest to con you out of your money.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just going to reply based on the way you explained it. I realize that my assumption of the timeline could be wrong, and/or there are more facts then you wrote.

Another thing about "keep shooting until the threat has stopped." my neighbor did four years for a murder charge, plead down to manslaughter. A guy came up to a window and emptied a pistol at him through the window, but he missed with every shot.
The way you explain it, it sounds like threat was over. Therefore there was no reason for your neighbor to be in fear of his life. There was no reason for your neighbor to shoot back.

Then my neighbor shot him six times. The cops and DA told him one shot was self-defense. Shots 2 through 5 were murder.
That makes sense to me. I would think the shooter would have gone down after the second shot. At that point he is no longer a threat unless he is pointing his gun at your neighbor.

My question is - what was the original shooter doing after he emptied his chamber? Was he still trying to get inside/at your neighbor? Was he running away? Was he laying on the ground pointing the gun at your neighbor?

Of course, all of my musings are simply that, I wasnt there. I'm not saying you are wrong and am not looking for a hardcore debate on the matter. Just offering feedback.

I'm cool with the idea that I need to shoot to kill if I am ever in fear of my life, or someone else's life. the CHL instructor was VERY firm that you never waffle from the reason being "I was in fear for my life" So, if I were your neighbor, and the cops were asking me "why shots 3-6, he was already down?" I would have repeated "I was in fear for my life which is why I kept firing. My life still felt threatened so I kept shooting" and then I would ask for an attorney and hope I got a good one.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
@Tenacity, I hear him say 3 times to not reach for the gun/not pull it out. I agree the whole thing wen down really quickly, actually in less than a second, and the driver was probably not reaching for the gun. The whole thing is absoliutely horrible. Was the police officer profiling/racist? We cant really know but he did exactly what he was trained to do as an officer. He warned the driver and, when he felt the driver didnt comply, and felt in fear of his life, he shot him.
SAZC, Castile says I have a gun, the Officer says don't reach for it and immediately shoots him less than 3 seconds later. Can you PLEASE explain to me how would Castile have had time to comply with an order? Explain that to me. The Officer saying "3 times" don't reach for it was all in the span of 2 or 3 seconds SAZC. Castile and his girlfriend had been smoking weed, his reactions were most likely very delayed, so complying in 3 seconds just wasn't going to happen and WHY does he have to comply within 3 seconds?

So an officer can shout out an order and if you don't comply fully within 3 seconds, you're dead?!

The officer was piss poorly trained. It's why the officer whines, bytches, and shouts after the shooting, because the idiot knew he had no business pulling the trigger.

Again tho, as a CHL holder and gun owner, I was instructed to hand my CHL to the officer, sit where he could see my hands, await further instruction, and comply like my life depended on it, because it did.
He didn't give Castile the TIME nor the OPPORTUNITY to do shyt. He went immediately into panic mode, where you have two "N-words" riding in a car that smells like weed, one of the "N-words" has a gun, so they MUST be up to no good (as Zimmerman's fat ugly a.ss would say).

And even after the driver gets shot the police officer has to continue to tell the people to not move because they are so distraught they are compelled to help the victim. It's just a horrible shame. Really it's behavior that we need to instruct our young people on.
Lmao right. A little kid watches her soon to be Step Father get killed and a woman watches her soon to be Husband (boyfriend of 10 years) get killed. So of course everybody should just sit there, calm, cool, collected, and unemotional like the OFFICER was....right? Because you know, the OFFICER was very calm, cool, collected, and unemotional.....right?

How anybody in their right mind (keyword is "right") can say this wasn't a bad shoot, is beyond me. The POLICE STATE is out of fvcking control. These people are piss poorly trained and AFRAID of the people they are policing in the neighborhoods they police for. They should NOT be on the fvcking streets policing shyt.

Last edited:

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Wait, so now you get what some of the fellow brothers on this forum been saying to you for over a year? That sometimes doing everything right doesn't matter if your skin is the wrong color?

Would you look at that?!

Not going to get into the deflection some people will use to justify the cop, because it's all baked in bull****. Bottom line is this guy did everything "right" and was killed by the cop in front his child. And some people in this country are too ****ed up to admit that the cop could actually have made a serious mistake.

Another day, another black man killed for no reason. Shrugs.
Bro the problem is that in the majority of these cases that go high profile, the black guy is usually doing something criminal or stupid at the time of the shooting. He's not just minding his own business, they are doing something completely stupid and helps contribute to the shooting (even if the shooting STILL isn't justified).

Castile had no business being shot.......none whatsoever. If you are going to march, protest, burn down shyt, or whatever, THIS is the case to do it on.