Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
Wheres all my REAL race fans at!?!?! I love this race, hopefully one day I will get to attend one. A lot of cars having problems early. You guys that dig this racing like me its on speed channel at 8pm(est). Then coverage comes back on at 8am(est in the mornign to finish up.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can you watch a bunch of cars drive in a circle for 24 hours? Id rather watch golf.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, your not going in a circle, there's left and right turns (its not the regular oval)....don't post unless you know what your talking about :)

racerX

Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing i like about 24 hours of Daytona is they have drivers from IRL, Champ Car & Nascar all competing. I think it would be cool if they had some sprint car & F1 guys in there as well. I am amazed how close the finishes are after 24 hours of racing.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by racerX
One thing i like about 24 hours of Daytona is they have drivers from IRL, Champ Car & Nascar all competing. I think it would be cool if they had some sprint car & F1 guys in there as well. I am amazed how close the finishes are after 24 hours of racing.

Yessssss...I would LOVE to see Alonso running in the 24 hours. He would kick everyones arses. I hated to see Rusty Wallace's car having problems. However, that's what happens when Danica Patrick is your team mate muhahahahahahaha. Looks like Dixon/Wheldon/Mears is going to win aslong as they don't have any problems. I believe this will be the first time in history of the rolex that no sports car racer i.e. Weaver, etc has won. Because Dixon/Wheldon are from IRL and Mears, of course, is from Nascar. I could be wrong I don't know.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it is beyondme how this sports has gotten this big....I am in the sports world...all day everyday.

I Will give NASCAR its props for being the 3rd biggest sport behind MLB, and NFL.

but I can say that..a lot of the nascar guys Iknow...dont really watch the race..its just on. where as if u are a fan of a <MLB team or NFL team..u ussually watch everygame

but that cant take away from the massive TV ratings of NASCAR

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by frivolousz21
it is beyondme how this sports has gotten this big....I am in the sports world...all day everyday.

I Will give NASCAR its props for being the 3rd biggest sport behind MLB, and NFL.

but I can say that..a lot of the nascar guys Iknow...dont really watch the race..its just on. where as if u are a fan of a <MLB team or NFL team..u ussually watch everygame

but that cant take away from the massive TV ratings of NASCAR
Yes, this is the misconception of NASCAR fans which give other hardcore racing fans a bad name :) Most NASCAR fans only know one car number which is 8. And that's all fine and good, but I know a couple of people around here like myself in my area that watch other racing besides NASCAR. If you ask the typical NASCAR fan what wedge does to a car, or raising the track bar they will probably give you a blank look then following that question they will say "WHere's ol' Junior at." It's sad to see but it is the truth. :(

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by racerX
yea right like if F1 drivers would compete in a NASCAR race.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by undesputable
Using their own cars :D

racerX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by undesputable
F1 drivers have been in this race (24 hours of Daytona) before. Not driving F1 cars of course, but Audi's & Porsches. I think your getting this race & the Daytona 500 mixed up..

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He may be getting it confused with IROC...?:confused:

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No i know what race yall are talking about. The almost oval one for 24 hours. The track only has a couple of curves here and there and then a couple of sharp turns. To F1 drivers tracks like that one are nothing, not to mention most f1 drivers are european, I can see a couple of them coming to race but to most of them a race by nascar is probably a big laugh.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't see f1 drivers doing a Nascar race. However I remember awhile back Jeff Gordon and Juan Pablo Montoya switched rides for a day....lucky mofo...(Gordon)