Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Finally bought a Wireless Digital Media Player...it's da shiznit!

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone else bought one of these badboys?

Streams my radio@AOL straight into my surround system, plays Mp3's, video's, and pics from my laptop hard drive, all wirelessly.

Best $200 I've spent in awhile!

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=318

The streaming AOL radio works GREAT. I have it plugged directly into my router via cat5 cable so it streams flawlessly.

The only problem is the wireless connection between my laptop and the media player. When I try to play Mp3's it's VERY choppy. Any ideas to remedy this?

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Software firewall on your laptop? AOL security suite? If so, try disabling the firewall. Also find out if there is a firmware upgrade from DLINK which may kick out any wireless bugs. I assume you have an 802.11g+ or pre-n router? If so check with the maufacturer if there is a firmware upgrade for your router as well.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by KarmaSutra
Software firewall on your laptop? AOL security suite? If so, try disabling the firewall. Also find out if there is a firmware upgrade from DLINK which may kick out any wireless bugs. I assume you have an 802.11g+ or pre-n router? If so check with the maufacturer if there is a firmware upgrade for your router as well.
I have a 802.11g network, the firmware and the server software were just updated on the media player. So I need to see about a frimware upgrade for the router?

You really think the AOL security and the firewall could be causing this? I don't mind dumping whatever AOL is running but I don't really want to disable my firewall.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yea, I also just realized that another Dlink model has a USB connector on the front that I could use to hook up an external hard drive (I have a 100gig laying around doing nothing). Maybe I should return this one and spend another $50....