Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ Vs. PUA

superman2k6

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well this debate goes on quite a bit so I thought I'd keep it going

Although I much prefer the idea of a Don Juan over a Pick-Up Artist, the debate comes when deciding which of these is more succesful

Of course everyone here is going to argue that being a DJ is about being the best man you can possibly be, taking the focus away from women, but how many REAL DJ's are there on this site?

But how many people have used the bible to the point where they have reached TRUE DJ status?

PUA's memorise routines and stories, and while this might be considered cheap and wrong and immoral and etc etc.... BUT it provides RESULTS, and for some, that's all that matters

Personally, I would say that it is much easier to be a PUA than to become a DJ, and a PUA has a much higher success rate than a DJ

So for short-term success the PUA wins. The PUA gets laid

But as Pook has pointed out in his various articles in the bible, PUA techniques get you laid, but they don't give you TRUE HAPPINESS.

The DJ approach gives you the basis of how to live the ideal lifestyle for a man, to be successful with life and women and ultimately find true happiness in the long-term.

Now here's where the problem lies when debating this. The common DJ will argue that the DJ lifestyle is morally correct, it's healthy, and it's ideal but the common PUA will argue with results.

What are your views on this debate?

Reaction score
This is an individualized issue. If you find that deceptions, memorization and one night stands thrill you then go for it!

Otherwise if you find that being true to yourself and improvement to help you reach your goals in life no matter what sh1t gets thrown at you and working to have a fufilling life, then go for it!

Debate over.

The sucesses that each have are so COMPLETELY DIFFERENT that they CANNOT BE COMPARED!

Except for getting laid of course.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no PUA dichotomy that says that PUAs can't enhance their lives in ways other than getting women. That's a misconception a lot of budding DJ's have. I used to have the same misconceptions. I used to believe that ASF overcomplicates things, focuses too much on pleasing women, and not enough on the individual.

On the contrary, lots of ASF stuff is actually great for inner game, often even MORESO than sosuave, because it goes deeper and examines things in a more scientific, objective way.

Look at facts: The top guys who are known to get laid A LOT are all Poo-ahs (PUAs). How many sosuave alumni do you see hosting their own workshop on how to get laid?

Dude, even most of the GOOD STUFF on this site came from ASF concepts. Senor Fingers was an avid reader and practicioner of ASF around the time he wrote "Weapons of Mass Seduction". Pook has even dabbled in the "venusian arts." ASF is really the primordial ooze from which everything pick-up came to be.

If you choose to ignore it because you think it's too chick-oriented or because you think you could never learn it or memorize it, you're doing yourself a disservice. Just like becoming a Don Juan is nonlinear, becoming a PUA is nonlinear. There are many different paths to become a PUA. Contrary to popular perception, you CAN remain an individual and still be a PUA.

In my experience, ASF gets more to the biological and sociological root of male-female dynamics than sosuave does. I'm not discounting sosuave, as I think it is a GREAT resource, especially for newbies. The DJ Bible will help shock any newby's inner game into alignment. But sosuave lacks in the actual "how-to's" of pickup, whereas ASF has both inner game AND "how-to" related stuff.

Reaction score
Look, do what you want. Want to be a PUA?

You get laid alot? Has it worked for you? Are you any happier? Go for it.

I prefer to be a DJ. Whatever that may be. It takes hard work, determination and passion. Not just for the ladies either. But to be alive.

FRëSHURE

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ vs PUA vs KBJ

you left out one.

take a look at my title.

Take the life of the DJ. You'll lay just as many girls as a PUA. Take the life of a PUA and you'll be just as successful in your life as a DJ.

Be a KBJ - as most are - you'll continue floating through life.

MVP

Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to recommend the Juggler Method. I believe the website is www.charismasciences.com
He is from Fast Seduction, but his "technique" is really a very natural game. It uses zero routines, it's about a person's attitude on how to approach girls. I think it's the ultimate combination of DJ and PUA.

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This debate has been going on for a while indeed... I think "The Game" gave a lot of guys (including myself) a new perspective on PUAs and asf.

I think the thing with sosuave, which paradoxically can be what limits most guys who come here for help, is that the scope of what people here think they should fix is SO broad (bulk up, not be shy, talk to girls, get numbers, get dates, be wealthy, own a house, own a condo, etc etc etc) then the goals suddenly seem harder to reach.

Has it crossed anyone's mind that perhaps asf has so many people posting FRs and looking for techniques and field proven strategies simply because there is ONE focus (get girls), with the entire site revolving around that idea?

If we have a site that announces "secrets of meeting, dating, and attracting women" yet about 80% of its members DON'T hold "meeting, dating, and attracting women" as a top reason for being here... then my friends, we have an inneficient board, which spawns lurkers, KBJs, and people posting retarded questions and advice... not to mention women posters.

I'm not saying be this or that... and God knows I hate to be putting things inside boxes. But just be honest to yourselves. Hell... might as well rename this place to THE SUPERMAN FORUM... "secrets of being the best MAN (TM) in the universe.... oh yeah, girls are nice too" ... c'mon guys, let's give credit where credit is due. Asf has GREAT stuff to use in the field, as does Ross and many of the gurus out there... perhaps, just perhaps, the day most users here get out there, they might find where all that comes in handy in *uplifting music here* the JOURNEY TO BECOME A MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

superman2k6

Don Juan
Reaction score
^the superman forum.. i like the sound of that hahah

i do agree with what you're saying. i think that DJ's on this board, especially those who first discovered "the game" by stumbling across the bible, will be the first to bash on the idea of a PUA because this is what feels 'home' to them

I learnt these techniques off other sites before coming here, and my unbiased opinion is that PUA has great ideas and techniques, however I do apply some DJ material at the same time to see how far i can go and what works best for me

thederekeffect1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer the term PUA.

And in my mind... PUA does not mean you have to memorize routines and ****. PUA simply means Pick Up Artist... And the keyword is Artist.

superman2k6

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thederekeffect1
Personally, I prefer the term PUA.

And in my mind... PUA does not mean you have to memorize routines and ****. PUA simply means Pick Up Artist... And the keyword is Artist.

I didn't mean that every PUA memorises routines and such, but the PUA method does suggest these methods, what you choose to apply is entirely up to you