Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

UFC Fight

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
I was watching UFC Live last night (first show of 06' that was live) Anyways Dana White made the announcement that Matt Hughes would be fighting Royce Gracie....I almost shat myself to be honest :D

Matt Hughes is my favorite UFC fighter, however, I think he may have not been thinking coherently when agreeing to this fight. He may beat Gracie, I hope he does, but just the idea of fighting Royce Gracie is crazy sounding. I wouldn't fight that ****er if he was 90 years old and they gave me a ball bat :p

What's some of you UFC fans opinions...?

By the way...the fight is scheduled for sometime in MAY.

Peace,

-Jonathan-

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hughes will destroy him. This isnt the early 90's where simply BJJ owned the ring. The UFC is about mixed arts and not just ground grappling. Hughes almost looks unstoppable right now.

Unfortunately the fits were on too late last night so i wasnt able to catch them.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought gracie quit?
if he didnt, he should he had his fun :p

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, correct me if im wrong.....

This will obviously be a non title fight which means 3, 5 minute rounds and no Gi for Gracie.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If 150 pound BJ Penn can submit Matt Hughes then I believe that Royce will be able to do the same. Let's not forget that 170 pound. Royce Gracie has exclusively fought against heavyweights his entire career.

Two years ago in Pride Royce fought Japanese Judo Gold Medalist Hidehiko Yoshida (One of the world's greatest heavyweight grapplers) and Royce dominated him.

Hughes has never fought the caliber of opponents as Royce has and Royce's personal philosophy is he'd rather die than lose.

Royce was never retired. The reason he wasn't in the UFC is because the UFC couldn't afford him. Royce makes 2 million per fight in Pride(THE WORLD's PREMIERE MMA Organization) and the UFC only pays their highest salary fighter Shamrock 460K per fight.

Royce also doesn't like the UFC rules. In Pride fighters are allowed to kick, knee, and stomp the head of a downed opponent.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dust correct me if im wrong but officialy it was a draw :p

This is only an exhibition match +money. No one expects Royce to win however never count a Gracie out until hes tapped.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was only a draw cuz Pride doesn't allow Judges in such a huge weight mismatch, but Royce clearly got the upper hand in the fight. Yoshida even gave a public apology to the Japanese people for such a poor performance.

Apollo_Jordan

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm...grappling is boring- why not put two boxers on gracie and watch him take one down and break his arm while the other knocks his ass out...

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you think Royce is unbeatable or something?

Do you know who Sakuraba is?

Anyway its a bad fight for Hughs, if he wins its just "a win against the quasi retired old guy", if he losses then, well he looses.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes we know how Sakuraba is, what are you getting at? Hes old and his career is through. He use to be a great grappler but thats long gone.

SuperiorOne33

Reaction score
Show some respect, Skel. Royce singlehandedly brought grappling and MMA to the United States. He's a legend and deservedly so.

What's more, have you watched the first several UFCs? They were far more brutal and unpredictable than today's matches, where all the fighters practice the exact same techniques.

Also, some of the UFC rules, like the 'no gi' rule, are just ridiculous. As if a fighter on the street is suddenly going to rip his clothes off to show his shaved chest and legs and daisy-duke style spandex shorts.

Actually, come to think of it, that might be a pretty good tactic. Not many people would want to fight someone who did that...

cA^

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gracie will submit Hughes, just like Team Gracie will beat Hammerhouse.

and rofl at whoever mentioned sakaruba / shamrock - how much of a fkn bad sport is ken shamrock? He was clearley ko'd and TURNED HIS BACK, then the ref stopped it, and then after the fight he complains.

Saki is a true champ beating him + 4 gracies.

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how much of a fkn bad sport is ken shamrock? He was clearley ko'd and TURNED HIS BACK, then the ref stopped it, and then after the fight he complains.
Thats what I mean, somebody up there posted that Sak was finished, what bull****.

avrilishot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cool

Wow first time I heard that, cant wait it should be awesome.

I like Matt Hughes hes one of my favorite figters hopefully he wins.

I havent heard sh1t from Royce Gracie ( sp) in a long time.

I think Matt has a chance to win. Also does anyone know when this fight will be?