Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Self-improvement work worksheet

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I figured I'd share this with you guys and maybe get some opinions. Our employee review is coming (translated: raise time) and we recieved this questionaire in our inboxes today.

Personally, I think that wanting employees of a company of around 20 employees to fill this out is quite stupid.

Also, I'm a full believer that self-improvement can only be asessed by the individual, and not by other people. Self-improvement of an individual may not be an improvement according to other people.

Another thing is I HATE telling people what they like to hear. This seems to be one of those questionaires that there are only "right" answers to, and not necessarily a way to look for truth nor actual self-improvement.

I wondering if I should fill this thing out. Anyway, here is basically what I recieved (edited for confidencial purposes)...

========================================

The targeted outcomes are:

1. To identify successes and shortcomings and to find means for improvement.

2. To develop, maintain, and improve relationships based on understanding and trust between employees and supervisors.

3. To observe and monitor the activities and accomplishments of every sector of the company.

PHILOSOPHY:

The purpose of this review is to improve the performance of individual employee members. It is to be viewed as a positive process aimed at promoting personal development.

GOALS:

1. To evaluate the employee’s productivity with respect to (company)’s goals and action plans.

2. To help employees better aim for and achieve work-related goals.

3. To help employees improve overall functionality.

4. To identify future professional development needs.

TARGETED OUTCOMES:

1. To identify successes and shortcomings and to find means for improvement.

2. To develop, maintain, and improve relationships based on understanding and trust between employees and supervisors.

3. To observe and monitor the activities and accomplishments of every sector of the company.

SECTION A: EMPLOYEE’S REVIEW

JOB DESCRIPTION: Briefly identify the main tasks you were asked to perform during the review period

GOALS: Briefly explain, in your own words, what you think are (company)’s goals and how your role within the company contributes to achieving these goals

ASSESSMENT: What were your major contributions to the company and its team during the review period at the professional and/or personal levels

How would you characterize the quality of your relationships with your co-workers?

In your opinion, what strengths do you bring to your position and to the team?

Is there anything that helped or hindered you in performing your job within the past year?

Is there anything you would like to see changed in your work environment?

Are there any areas where you believe you should improve your performance within the next year to better meet the requirements of your current position, or to cope with the changes that will be occurring within the company and your work environment?

How can your supervisor and co-workers help you?

In terms of professional development, what personal goals do you wish to achieve during the next year that would be as beneficial to you as they would be to (company)?

What steps will you be taking to reach your personal goals in terms of professional development? In other words, what methods will you be using to achieve your professional development goals?

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like a bunch of vauge corprate jargan. Reminds me of Dilbert... Speaking of which read The Dilbert Principle by Scott Adams. Nothing DJ related but its funny and makes boring stuff like this self evaluation sheet look funny.

Last edited:

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unfortunately, the purpose of a worksheet like this is to get you to admit weaknesses so that they can use them against you in review time or if they want to carry out a firing. Make sure that what you put down is either unrelated to your job or inconsequential.

For example, being nice is less important for a back end computer programmer than it is a receptionist.