Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting condoms?

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I always find myself in sex situations without condoms. A girl wants to have sex with me but I don't have a condom on me so I say "well i'd love to but I don't have a condom on me". If I want sex everyday does that mean i'll need to buy condoms everyday? That sounds expensive, where do you guys buy condoms from and how much do they cost? Why does nobody talk about this??

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
--If I want sex everyday does that mean i'll need to buy condoms everyday? That sounds expensive
There's more than one condom in every pack. :eek:
Here we get 12 and 24 packs, so if you have sex every day, you can get a pack every 2 or 3 weeks, you have to keep them in a cool place though, heat and latix don't mix.

--where do you guys buy condoms from and how much do they cost?
Buy them from any convenient store or pharmacy. They cost around 10 euros here.

--Why does nobody talk about this??
What's there to talk about? :confused:

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always buy some along food from convenient store...

The price depends on brand and the type of condom it is.
Figure out what's the best type and brand for you and it's all easy.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I generally go to the store and buy them, or go to the Health Center where they give away free condoms. However, the Health Center's tend to break... which is something I wouldn't recommend having happen. Buying condoms is no 'secret side of sex', it's just a precaution everyone takes. If nobody talks about it, it's because people generally assume that everybody here knows how to walk into a store, find condoms on the aisle, purchase them, and go home to use them. As for buying them everyday, stick with the 24 packs if you plan on having sex on a daily basis. Sure, it might seem to be expensive if you're not employed and/or making a nice paycheck, but just think about how much raising a kid, or paying child support, will be. An ounce of prevention...

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, condoms aren't like drugs! You get them at any store with a pharmecy department. Hell, you can buy them at most places that sell toothpaste.

They're about $7.00 a box here, and you get 12 of them. I kept some in my car. Do that if it's not too hot in your area.

$7.00 is worth it even if you don't use all of them before they expire. $7.00 for 12 condoms every couple of weeks is better than hundreds of dollars a month for child support.

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear that condoms last for about two years before they start to rot in most cases... personally, I haven't got much experience with idle rubbers... so I wouldn't really know.:p

Lots of places sell condoms nowadays. What is the big deal anyways, are you afraid to buy them or something!?

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Spike_the_Dragon
I hear that condoms last for about two years before they start to rot in most cases... personally, I haven't got much experience with idle rubbers... so I wouldn't really know.:p

Lots of places sell condoms nowadays. What is the big deal anyways, are you afraid to buy them or something!?
I would hope he's not afraid to buy them. The worst that will happen is the clerk may make a smart-ass remark, but generally they don't really care what you're purchasing (even if it's hemroid cream).

Example of worst case scenario: I'm working at Kmart on friday night and two guys come up to my registar with a couple boxes of condoms and one of them says "yeah you know what's gonna happen tonight." I replied "Yeah I'm sure you two will have a lot of fun together." There initial reaction to this was hilarious, but they then realized I was just joking and went on their merry way. However most associates will not say that to a customor bc that's a good way to get fired.

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, no i'm not afraid of buying them just unfamiliar with the whole process, thanks guys.

So if I buy a packet now and don't end up using them all for a while they'll still be ok to use later? They don't need to be used immediately, what's the usual expiry date?

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mandiblard
Haha, no i'm not afraid of buying them just unfamiliar with the whole process, thanks guys.

So if I buy a packet now and don't end up using them all for a while they'll still be ok to use later? They don't need to be used immediately, what's the usual expiry date?
The usual date depends when it's made, but it's usually couple of YEARS.

I wouldn't use a condom really near the expiry date though.

But if you have a condom stored in a right environment, room temperature, not too moist, protected from sunlight, you don't have to worry using it even the exp date is near.

Being careful is only good.

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can get a box of 36 for $10. :D

Last time I went in to buy them, they were 2-for-1 and the cashier INSISTED that I get a second box. (I was like "um... I really don't need THAT many"). So I got 72 for $10. I felt like a total wh*re, but an economical one. LOL.

If you actually are having sex every day (and not just 'wanting' it) it pays to get the big value box. Just keep track of the expiration dates.

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJDamage
You can always order them online if you don't want to go to a store!
He particularly said that he has no problem buying it from a store. k.

Chilli_pimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
word of advice, don't keep condoms in ur wallet... i kept one in my wallet for about 2-3 weeks, and when it came down to the dirty, my condom was all dried up and mangled... chunks of lub was formed around the rubber... very embarrasing when u rip that sh!t open in front of a chick...

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
two words: WAL-MART

they have a pack of 36 condoms for like $12. Like sexy malibu said. And they have ribbed ones, spermicide ones, lubricated ones, non-lubricated, spermicidal lubricated, flavored and colored ones, trojan twisted pleasure, warming sensation, you name it, they probably got it. Its awesome. If me and my boyfriend used condoms, i'd get them there.

I'd reccomend spermicidal lubricant. Just grab a box of 36, and go to the register. And pay. Get your bag, and walk out the door. They dont card you for condoms, dont worry. Haha. And they do usually last for a couple of years, but dont carry them in warm places like a wallet. A good idea would be to get an ID case (a metal one) and store them in there in your pocket.

Or, if you want to make things interesting, if you're at a wal-mart supercenter, buy like 2 packs of 36, whipped cream, hot fudge, cherries, and a BIG bottle of KY warming sensating lubricant. And just smile. And go to a female cashier. Dont even say a word. Just smile. If she asks you a question, say youre gonna have a very happy gf tonight.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guy brings up a good point.

ALWAYS...ALWAYS...ALWAYS Have condoms available. When you go to a club...when you go to a party..when you leave your house...bring some freggin condoms with you! This may sound funny...but..there WILL be a time that you WISHED you had a condom on you. Mark those words.

Response to an earlier post:

I've never heard that the condoms from a Public Health Center are prone to breakage. That's a bunch of bullsh*t.

Public Health Center condoms are fine and they have a variety of shapes, colors, sizes, and styles to test drive. Be a man about it and pick some up...they're free.

I recommend getting condoms with a spermicide or buying a latex safe bottle of spermicide.

Like a poster above stated...the cost of condoms are nothing versus the cost of raising a child.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by -HPNOTIQ-
ALWAYS...ALWAYS...ALWAYS Have condoms available. When you go to a club...when you go to a party..when you leave your house...bring some freggin condoms with you! This may sound funny...but..there WILL be a time that you WISHED you had a condom on you. Mark those words.
Agreed!

I remember straight ahead four girls I could have had sex with but I had to deny intercourse since I didn't have condoms on me. *******s are fine then, but sex is always sex...
So where ever you go, bring a condom. I don't care if it's school or church. Bring a condom!

Hey, and better have more than one!

I carry my condoms in a metal cigar box. Perfect for few condoms. Don't carry them in your wallet since they easily wear out and you have a broken condom in your hands...

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never heard that the condoms from a Public Health Center are prone to breakage. That's a bunch of bullsh*t.

Public Health Center condoms are fine and they have a variety of shapes, colors, sizes, and styles to test drive. Be a man about it and pick some up...they're free.
I always joke that my college got me knocked up because the parties supplied me with free alcohol and the health services supplied me with faulty condoms.

But it's just a joke. I'm sure the condoms I buy at the store are just as faulty. ;)

Moral: Use a backup method of contraception.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sexy_Malibu
You can get a box of 36 for $10. :D
Where can you get them for that price? What store?

My problem is I have a slight latex allergy and a severe nonoxynol 9 allergy. I can only wear rubbers with no spermicide. After Im done, I gotta take the rubber right off and scrub my stuff with soap and water.