Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tracing the Footsteps of Pook

TheSlasher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If only based on his writings that I have read, I want to achieve the same strength that Pook has achieved. His posts "Endurance" and "Fifteen Lessons" were really great. I also believe that he is Shark of the solvemygirlproblems.com.

Solve My Girl Problems was the one that I have come accross earlier. Almost all post there by one who goes by the name Shark hits right through the spine. And then when I've read the Book of Pook, the writing style, ideas, and their effect to the heart were so strikingly similar, and so I began to suspect that maybe, Pook and Shark is just one person. Then I saw an exact post involving his sister telling him not to be some dude who'd drive miles and miles just for some nonsense chore that his sister asked for.

The mere fact that he is being talked about 10 years after he left is a testament to his influence, whatever its nature is.

I will be posting here every now and then as I trace his footsteps. Perhaps, by following his way (perhaps, up to a point, since some have said that he's turned, but we will see), I will also be able to find my own path. I will also be incorporating other posts from here that I find beneficial to my growth.

Last edited:

DonJuanit0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read most of Pook's posts and of course his book! His mindset became really strong as he grew up. Some say he became misogynist and joined some kind of a man against feminism party, or something like that! I've seen this to a blog he used to have but has stopped posting now. I can search for it if you want to.

I would love to know more about Pook and I admire your work if you continue giving information!

TheSlasher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Day Pook Joined SS

Thursday
9:31 AM GMT +8:00
Partly cloudy

According to his profile, Pook has joined SS on the 22nd of July, year 2000.

His first post was up on July 31, 2000. Judging by the span between the date he joined and his first post, he is probably a lurker for about 9 days, absorbing knowledge from this forum every now and then. His first post was a response to a post by Hidden-Danjer about liking a girl too much too quickly (Link: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18317). The end line of the post says that it was originally posted by a certain Preachaman on March 31, 1999. I think Pook has overlooked this fact, my premise being that he thanked Hidden and addressed him in second person.

I infer from his reply that he already has the following skills before joining SS:

- Willingness to walk away (or at least the knowledge of its importance)
- Evolutionary psychology's perscpective on relationships and sex (Women give sex to get relationships, and vice-versa for men)
- Can evaluate the situation between men and women using his own knowledge (as seen by his partial disagreement with Anti-Dump's idea that truly interested women will not initiate dates)
- Vigilance against the avalanche of softness that starts with a little snowball of receiving attention from women initiating dates

Anti-Dump has also made a good point that truly interested women will not initiate dates because the man in question is emotionally overpowering.

It is interesting to note that Pook can disagree with Anti-Dump, although he has high regards for him and his Machine (The Anti-Dump's Machine), which he himself has compiled. This could either mean that Pook can maintain his sovereignty over himself despite having a high regards for another man's position, or that he has not yet recognized the extent of Anti-Dump's wisdom and experience. However, as of now, I see no significance in answering this query, but we'll see on his next posts.

To summarize, below are what I judge to be the home-run lessons from the thread where Pook first posted:

- Be inclined to see that truly interested women will probably not ask the guy they're interested in for a date. This is because she finds you emotionally overpowering, thus, she is a little afraid to make a move. (Anti-Dump)
- A man must keep his ego in place and shouldn't fall into thinking that he is so fantastic that a woman would give him her number without him asking for it. Instead, he should see it as a sign that the woman is probably not that interested. This is because of the said reason from above. (Anti-Dump)
- Women asking you out could be a red-flag. Use your date ideas as a counter-offer to test for interest level. (Anti-Dump)
- Don't quickly fall into the trap of valuing a woman too much just because she gave you attention. Use the said lessons above so as not to lose oneself in such situations. (Pook)

TheSlasher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@DonJuanit0 and MikeOck: I appreciate the input, thanks.

@Sofomore: The Book of Pook is actually a compilation of his posts, tied together by someone else. It's free stuff and you can easily find it on the internet just by googling it or on the DJ Bible's website.

bukowski_merit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never heard of this shark guy. But you "could" be right about him being Pook.

He does have a similar style AND if you visit here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20100529191044/http://www.solvemygirlproblems.com/

You'll see that some of the earlier versions of his site linked to Sosuave (but a quick search of "pook" found results; so perhaps just a fan who adopted his writing style or persona?)

You'll also see that he deleted some of his earlier posts (including one that seems to be about NLP anchoring)

Also of note to the shark character: http://hitvibe.com/kenneth/

TheSlasher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bukowski_merit said:
Never heard of this shark guy. But you "could" be right about him being Pook.

He does have a similar style AND if you visit here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20100529191044/http://www.solvemygirlproblems.com/

You'll see that some of the earlier versions of his site linked to Sosuave (but a quick search of "pook" found results; so perhaps just a fan who adopted his writing style or persona?)

You'll also see that he deleted some of his earlier posts (including one that seems to be about NLP anchoring)

Also of note to the shark character: http://hitvibe.com/kenneth/
Thanks for this. I just want to clarify, so do you mean that what appears on web.archive.org shows exactly how solvemygirlproblems.com looks like back then?

Also, what do you make of the "kenneth" dude as to his connection to shark?

But quite frankly guys, I am not really that interested in figuring out who Shark is. My deeper interest is into tracing his evolution. Since he is talking to himself on his posts, I will use those posts as my model for my own development.

bukowski_merit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheSlasher said:
Thanks for this. I just want to clarify, so do you mean that what appears on web.archive.org shows exactly how solvemygirlproblems.com looks like back then?
Yes.

TheSlasher said:
Also, what do you make of the "kenneth" dude as to his connection to shark?
I just think it's the dude who bought the site. Or someone who was working on the design of the ebook page (but they never got around to putting up the new landing page.)

BTW; I now don't think Shark is Pook at all.... Here's Shark's Sosuave profile: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/member.php?u=88122

(I should have been a private investigator)

asa_don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheSlasher said:
His posts "Endurance" and "Fifteen Lessons" were really great. I also believe that he is Shark of the solvemygirlproblems.com.
i saw that site and his writing was subpar.

TheSlasher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
asa_don said:
i saw that site and his writing was subpar.
Shark's or Pook's? But I thought they were talking about the same thing, but yeah, if it that's how it seems, then I guess I'll take another look again when I have the time.

bukowski_merit said:
Yes.

I just think it's the dude who bought the site. Or someone who was working on the design of the ebook page (but they never got around to putting up the new landing page.)

BTW; I now don't think Shark is Pook at all.... Here's Shark's Sosuave profile: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/member.php?u=88122

(I should have been a private investigator)
Yeah, but when Hakuna (owner of the profile you pointed out) got here, it seems that he already knew his stuff. So maybe, Pook got back here under the guise of a different username. That's just a possibility, so I'm inclined to judge it 50/50 or 40/60 to the possibility of Pook and Shark being different. Or maybe, Hakuna is an entirely different user.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great thread, I have it book marked.

TheSlasher said:
His first post was a response to a post by Hidden-Danjer about liking a girl too much too quickly (Link: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18317).
Did you notice after his first post, NO ONE responded for a year. At the end of the post pook even asks: any thoughts? It was a thought provoking, next level, post.....And no one responds... It wasn't until a year later (after he starts his legendary rise) that people start acknowledging that post.

TheSlasher said:
he is probably a lurker for about 9 days, absorbing knowledge from this forum every now and then.
That takes patience. He was probably waiting for the right time. He didn't seem to waste his posts..... and he might have known, that some day, someone would be going through all of them, and finding the first time he laid something down....

TheSlasher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Saturday
11:41 PM GMT +8:00
Partly cloudy

So Pook's next post came on August 8, 2000. Roughly a week after his first post on July 31, 2000. I can only presume that he's already got a life so he can't be so active on the forums, or that he's been lurking but has found nothing interesting to reply to. Either of those, or both.

Anyway, the thread he replied to can be found here: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16932

He agrees that impressing a girl's friends and family is a good strategy. He also relates that it is something similar to guys' experiences. I would like to add that I agree to it and we call it social proof. He then proceeded to becoming confident not for others but for ourselves. This is apparently the first appearance of the recurring theme to his future posts about a man focusing his attention to his own life. This supports further my inference that he didn't come here to the forums clueless about life. He also has experience, judging by his statement saying:

Pook said:
I've notice that the more confident I am, the luckier (with women, with work, etc.) I tend to get.
He didn't bother replying to the forum. I supposed it is because of the following reasons:
- He already made his point.
- He doesn't want to debate.
- The topic of Speed Seduction has appeared.

For the last reason, I am not sure if by this time, he has already left Speed Seduction, or if that he left it some time after he joined this forum. Anyway, I couldn't make much out of his second post. It would've been good if we can also figure out the stuff he reads -- either the books, or the tips on this forum, or both.

effexart

Reaction score
treasure hunting for Pook

Its like treasure hunting for Pook...after so many years... :)
Pook is legendary and his contribution will always be important!

Every time I have a hard time in life Icome to sosuave I read on the forum, the articles in the hall of fame and of course The Book of Pook.

Every time I get strength, courage and energy to continue and keep improving myself.

So I want to say thank you.

About Pook

Pook had plans - A few examples of his website Pook's Mill
About Pook's Mill - the real Pook or not...

"You will know the tree by its fruit. If this is a false Pook, then I will be uncovered by saying things that don't remotely sound Pookish. But if I am a true Pook, then wouldn't the words ring true now or eventually?

"You are not making this easy!" Of course not. That wouldn't be any fun."

So I guess , he wants us to do some treasure hunting?!

He,
he received emails and answered, whether through the plog or personal?
So some people have his mail adress...Who?

Status on the Emails

If you haven't recieved a reply from me, don't worry. I probably haven't got to your email yet.

"Why does it take you so long, Pook!?"

First, there are many emails. Second, many require a detailed response (think of a page or two). I get questions ranging to asking about girls to the rise and fall of civilizations.

"But you update the blog without replying to my email yet!?"

This is because a blog post is easy and is seen by a hundreds. But an email and its response is seen by one and very personal (making it extremely difficult at times).

Don't worry. You WILL get a reply back. It'll be days later, but you'll get a reply!

He had plans to publish a book,

Also,

I'll be busy this weekend. As you can tell, my life doesn't revolve around this blog. Even most of my writings are sent to someone else for another publication now. But there will be a website soon. It will not be in this blog-like fashion and feature more article type content than these 'malt-o-content' little posts.

If he speaks of another publication does this mean he had already a book published?

He had plans voor a website!

Where is Pook?

Oh no! Where is Pook!? Someone stole him! Pook thief! Pook thief!

I have been very busy with deadlines lately. Don't worry. I'll come back, and there will be many posts ahead as well as the new website.

So I will throw something 'Pookish' out there so you all do not throw digital tomatoes at me. Consider...

Be who you are! The First Pookish Commandment corrects so many self-made flaws. Do not take my word for it. Here is Steve Jobs's speech where a single theme runs through it: trust your gut, follow your interests, be who you are.

That is the only way all the dots will connect in life.

More news about a website:
For news, the website should be up soon. Do not expect majestic cgi code, with animations and professional graphics style. It will be a very minimalistic site interested in displaying the content than anything else. All the old Don Juan articles will be available up on it along with new stuff.

"But why isn't it up, Pook? Why? WHY!?" We are talking about a significant amount of content. You don't realize it when it is on the Internet since pages aren't *material*. A page can scroll on into infinitude. The Don Juan articles, alone, are around six hundred pages (single space).

He play/played the Wii
I haven't owned a game console since the Super Nintendo. But I do have a Wii which I'm currently playing. And... well, I'd never thought I'd see this day.

The third stage boss of Super Paper Mario is an Internet Nerd who attempts to use Speed Seduction on Princess Peach. But right after that stage, Mario gets to meet Pook (!). Apparently, Pook has Mario's space helmet and is using it as a fishbowl.

Tippi's description of Pook: "That's Pook... a boy who really loves sea creatures. He hopes to leave this town [alternate dimension village] someday and go where he can listen to waves all day."

Damn straight!

He had some troubles also:

Regular posting will resume soon. I'll be in court the next few days. (Nothing serious, not like I am in a Family Court!)

These are some things, that can easily be found on Pook's Mill

Also I want to know:
What were his last words here at Sosuave?

I hope he is happy and he enjoys life!
What he currently thinks about life/work, Don Juan/girls, about Pook,
What he has written In recent years?

There must be family/friends who are aware of his Pooklife things?

maybe there is something bad happen to him?(I hope not)

anyway I am grateful and I agree with a lot of things that he has wrote

Kind regards!

No.Danny

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The pook shall not be defined. So why try and define him? Pook does not want to be found, so why try and find him?

It's simple what happened to him, once you reach a certain level of knowledge this site is nothing but a crutch. Pook saw his time was over and left. Just read his last posts.

effexart

Reaction score
No.Danny said:
The pook shall not be defined. So why try and define him? Pook does not want to be found, so why try and find him?

It's simple what happened to him, once you reach a certain level of knowledge this site is nothing but a crutch. Pook saw his time was over and left. Just read his last posts.
True!

Once you reach a certain level of knowledge and contribute so much valuable words you become a little public ownership.
Or what about some final words "Pook disappeared and all was well..."?
Disappear without saying goodbye adds an extra dimension to the legend :yes:

I respect his choice!
For me The book of Pook is a valuable tool

BUT...It would be amazing to know the full story!

Skinnylove

Banned
Reaction score
Resurrection!

Fedex

Don Juan
Reaction score
He (shark) has wrote an ebook called The Black Flag, it was only link and sold on the solve my girl problems website, and it seems to meet some positive feedback.

http://web.archive.org/web/20141222175546/http://www.solvemygirlproblems.com/the-black-flag/

Since the site is down, I'm unsure who still has a copy of the book. Might be an interesting read and an add-on to the book of pook and maybe even the dj bible itself.

Nah this isn't really about us trying to dig up Pook, it's more or less searching or lost treasure buried by pook when he retired from sosuave, we all do wish the best to pook. I've was devastated the moment I finished reading the book of pook, I've always loved his unique writing style and sense of humor and deep down inside we know all of us want more of him.

Some sites have users commenting about how shark and pook, but none of them point out the similarity that seem to be obvious in their writing styles and the beliefs and knowledge they do write and share about,

Skinnylove

Banned
Reaction score
haha! I like the word-ressurection-you can revive a dead scroll with that one word.Anyway,I wanted to know where Pook is now.I read the book of pook and eventually came here to read it all(including the critics).Some say he founded another manosphere site with a different name and writing style(classified). Some say he went to jail for something about his siz,in the middle of Pook's Mill ramblings.Some even say he commited suicide due to the fallen state of the modern woman(lol).Anyway,it's human nature to glorify[even worship] someone we revere.He neither wanted to be defined,nor to be found out.Maybe he knew this.People would love the sermon so much that they would eventually ignore it and get overfascinated by the preacher.His silence speaks greater than words.

@Fedex,
Concerning the black flag,pm.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it really that time again?

Once a year, we pray for Pook and his resurrection.

It seems we're quite religious!