Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Balding.... Not sure what to do... Shave it, etc?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Hey guys.

From 2006 through 2010, I've had a small bald spot on the crown/top of my head, but with spiky hair in the front, cool clothes, and a decent face, I still did very well for myself with the ladies. (See last pic.)

By the last two years, the bald spot has grown much bigger. Now it's about 3 inches (~ 7.6 cm) in diameter.

I'm really torn because while I love the spiky hair in the front (see last picture in the link below), I'm concerned that the bald spot in the back is ruining it for me. I have been in a dry spell for nearly two years also. I can't prove it's related, but I'd be silly to ignore it.

Here are the options...

1. Status quo -- touch up the color, keep the front spiked, and just "own" the bald spot. It is what it is.

2. Buzz hair really short. The problem is my roots are grey. A buzz can't be colored and would be VERY grey/white. The bald spot would still be highly visible.

3. Shave head clean. I have mixed feelings about this. I have a decent face. My body is average 5'10.5" 178#, but I'm working on toning up. Of course, I'm not a macho looking dude. Maybe I could eventually get used to and "own" this look? Not sure. While not perfectly round, my hairdresser believes I have an ok head shape for a buzz or even clean shave.

I'm mostly torn between #1 and #3. #2 seems like an interim step if I decide to shave it.

Just to be clear, I do have my hair colored because I'm greying.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75217535@N06/

It's ok though. We all know looks don't matter anyway haha.

Guys, girls, younger, older, etc. are welcome to comment.

Last edited:

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shave it. Chicks like dudes with hair and they like bald dudes too, what they tend not to like is a guy in the process of going bald so it's in your best interest to skip to the other extreme.

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shave it - sorry but looks ridiculous like that, shave it or get hair replacement

RedZone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Shave it...look 10x better than the George Costanza look

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love my hair as its fairly long while still considered short. I spike it, fauhawk it, comb it over, etc.

at times i'll spike it up standing up to 2.5-3.5 inches. You still have decent hair and the bald spot hasn't spread to an area that is visibly noticeable when face to face.

Stay with 1 until you get to the point where it effects first impressions.

You won't have that hair forever, might as well enjoy it a bit longer.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
Hey guys.

From 2006 through 2010, I've had a small bald spot on the crown/top of my head, but with spiky hair in the front, cool clothes, and a decent face, I still did very well for myself with the ladies. (See last pic.)

By the last two years, the bald spot has grown much bigger. Now it's about 3 inches (~ 7.6 cm) in diameter.

I'm really torn because while I love the spiky hair in the front (see last picture in the link below), I'm concerned that the bald spot in the back is ruining it for me. I have been in a dry spell for nearly two years also. I can't prove it's related, but I'd be silly to ignore it.

Here are the options...

1. Status quo -- touch up the color, keep the front spiked, and just "own" the bald spot. It is what it is.

2. Buzz hair really short. The problem is my roots are grey. A buzz can't be colored and would be VERY grey/white. The bald spot would still be highly visible.

3. Shave head clean. I have mixed feelings about this. I have a decent face. My body is average 5'10.5" 178#, but I'm working on toning up. Of course, I'm not a macho looking dude. Maybe I could eventually get used to and "own" this look? Not sure. While not perfectly round, my hairdresser believes I have an ok head shape for a buzz or even clean shave.

I'm mostly torn between #1 and #3. #2 seems like an interim step if I decide to shave it.

First before shaving it bald. Have the hairdresser use a zero at the bottom and blend into a "one" on the buzzer shaving blades. Then keep the top short but still there. Have her show you how it looks in the mirror. Shaved sides and top short (like an inch and a half to two inches) a little more than a military cut. I get it done like that every two weeks.

If you don't like it and don't think it looks better without going totally bald then go bald. Don't worry so much about the grey. Maybe grow some facial hair that would look good to outline your face if you want.

So far I have all my hair. Though my motto is: The less it grows the shorter it goes.

spang

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
rogaine is supposed to work on that part of the head pretty well. mine is thinning some on the front and top but not the back. unfortunately rogaine will not work well on the front. whatever you do dont take propecia, its dangerous stuff.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I don't recommend any chemicals or drugs. Natural solutions can indeed improve matters somewhat.

Remember, guys: a woman doesn't care if you are losing your hair, she only cares if you are overly self-conscious about it.

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike those hair follicles are too far gone for any rogaine, or propecia to have any effect on. If i were you i would look into a hair transplant, if you have the money. You only live once and you shouldnt have to settle. If you're more confident with hair, i would go for it. The technologies are really coming along.

Last edited:

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 25 now, I shaved my head when I was 21 or 22 as a "preemptive strike" since I knew the future looked grim when it came to keeping the hair on my head. Even at that age I was losing hair and it was considerably thin all around the top - classic male pattern baldness and following the baldness pattern I observed with my father.

I don't regret it one bit - in fact it was one of the best decisions of my life. I used to be self conscious a lot, especially when my hair got wet. I used to dabble with drugs like Rogaine and Propecia that never showed any noticeable effect, but would cost a significant amount of funds. It would be a constant preoccupation in my mind.

However, after I did it and after a short period of getting used to it, you realize just how many benefits there are. You save time without worrying about how your hair looks. No more haircuts. No more preoccupation.

And you might think women wont like it? You'd be wrong. I've gotten with far more women post-shave than pre-shave. This might be because my game improved considerably the past several years and I've always been hitting the gym, but it just goes to show you that even with a shaved head one can and still be attractive to many women.

Just do it. You wont think about this again.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's 3 inches in diameter, huh? Well, don't worry. You have another hour or so until you give birth.

What a pvssy! Man the fvck up.

seethehoop

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shave it. Baldness is a sign of virility. Also consider there are many famous bald men. Bruce Willis, Jason Statism, even john Travolta has gone bald for his work. Its not a bad look at all so stop worrying and hack it off.

seethehoop

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shave it. Baldness is a sign of virility. Also consider there are many famous bald men. Bruce Willis, Jason Statism, even john Travolta has gone bald for his work. Its not a bad look at all so stop worrying and hack it off.

JdelaSilviera

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

I´m a little disappointed with you ;). Your are insisting a lot on looks.. Yes of course looks matter for some people , but most of the hotties I know are not with good looking guys. Looks are ESSENTIAL in highschool of course, but later it´s charisma, personality, confidence, status etc.

I bet your problem, is that you are not very outgoing, (as more guys here). A wide circle is essential to score..

About balding, I have a very oriental view on this. Avoid masturbating, because it elevates a lot your levels of DHT. Also try egg yolk on your hair, it helps with baldness/greying.

Mike32ct said:
Hey guys.

Here are the options...

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would go for option #2 if I were you. just buzz it short, but not total skin head neo nazi style.

Jude Law rocks the balding buzzed hair style well imo~

http://celebslam.celebuzz.com//bfm_...y_main/gallery_main-jude-law-bald-head-06.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/01/20/jude-law-hair-loss_n_1218815.html

notice how good the buzzed balding hair combo'd off with the short beard/stubble looks on him?

and btw, I reckon white/grey hair looks better than dyed hair anyway, for e.g. Julian Assange

http://intentious.com/tag/julian-assange/

Now there is one sexy mo-f*cker (no homo)

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah dog, your problemo totally isn't your hair. All you need to do is buzz it short and grow some matching facial stubble. In terms of looks, dog, you need to tone up that hang dog face of yours by drastically dropping b.f. % and building up lean muscle mass, and you are also in desperate need of a healthy glowing tan to your skin. Then you would have no worries with the ladies, looks-wise. Don't worry about your hair at all, and certainly stop trying to hide who you are by dyeing your hair (ffs) and trying to cover over a bald spot by being shaggy and unfashionable. Make peace with your appearance and try to maximize your health, dog, and then your appearance will improve as a natural matter of course.