Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Roissy

boomerick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone know why the "Citizen Renegade" site is gone?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just noticed that. It was up with a new post about an hour ago. Probably just a technical glitch.

EDIT....Though I did notice the last comment on the last post (from today) said, "you should change your password" or something to that effect - that was it. So maybe he was hacked.

boomerick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some guy on Roosh's site says that he coppied all of Roissy's site 2 weeks ago and has everything if it's gonna have to be rebuilt. Hope not.

boomerick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha, that's the internet age for you. Something unavailable for a couple of hours and everyone panics.

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've set upon reading the entire blog from the beginning. I was in march 2008, click next article and bam, site gone. Right before my eyes.

I have a dump from a few months ago, but glad I don't need it.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He actually pruned a bunch of articles from way back, so unless you found an actual archive you're not going to see all the posts he's made. No idea why he did it, but it is what it is.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The original roissy is gone, this current writer is a different guy. As far as i know.

The new guy (apparently more than 1, but my guess is that a single writer took over while original roissy is a guest writer) is less wise, writes less eloquently and thinks more shallowly. Its all very simple and nothing new.

I dont remember when exactly i think this happened, but it was around the time he started changing the site around, moving away from 'roissy' to 'citizen renegade'. But undoubtedly the quality diminished as the new guy is a chode.

I found this written today:

Funny how people still refer to the blog as Roissy versus the official name of Citizen Renegade.

Before the name change, the original Roissy mentioned how he was getting tired of blogging and was thinking of shutting down the blog. This was over a year ago.

After an incident I won’t mention (blog drama is always funny), Roissy restructured the blog. The name changed and it was confirmed that multiple writers were involved with the new blog.

An on-going game since that time was trying to guess which posts were written by the “real” Roissy. But it was obvious that the quality of writing and thought started to become sketchy.

My wild guess is that Roissy sold the blog a year or so ago and agreed to contribute an occasional article.

Anyway, Roissy was brilliant in that he was able to fuse PUA concepts (which he admitted he took mostly from Mystery) with a culture/political commentary.
But very sad that the new guy deleted some of the old posts, if you are not mistaken.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah this new guy blows. I read all of roissy's stuff, and without being told noticed that the quality diminished.

question: I never understood the "bring the movies" though. is that like a total aloofness to the issue at hand kind of thing? I read the story, but don't really get why it's so great

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. I never knew he pulled an Ann Landers.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sad to see it go. It did go down hill, but it was one of my favorite blogs for a while. At least Roosh still writes his own.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
The original roissy is gone, this current writer is a different guy. As far as i know.

The new guy (apparently more than 1, but my guess is that a single writer took over while original roissy is a guest writer) is less wise, writes less eloquently and thinks more shallowly. Its all very simple and nothing new.

I dont remember when exactly i think this happened, but it was around the time he started changing the site around, moving away from 'roissy' to 'citizen renegade'. But undoubtedly the quality diminished as the new guy is a chode.

I found this written today:

But very sad that the new guy deleted some of the old posts, if you are not mistaken.
After getting "exposed" by Lady Raine Roissy had to lay low, I don't blame him, it's not a good look when your ex-girlfriends are sending your personal 411(address/family/pictures) to another blogger in spite. Of course Roissy wasn't an angel in the battle either. However what baffles me is that he would give his real name and occupation to a newspaper, why do that if your not getting paid? That's like asking the wolves to come eat at your table

I always wondered if I should even post pics in my blog since I am kind of known in my city and the "scene" but then i don't really give a shyt :D

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Boomerick,
Thanks for the web site....

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, how did you guys know all of this? I had no idea. I hadn't really noticed a decline in quality, but come to think of it, earlier posts did involve more eloquence and wordplay that's hard to mimic.

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking of starting a blog. Not sure I need another soap box to rant on though.

Sue Madre

Banned
Reaction score
scrouds said:
I was thinking of starting a blog. Not sure I need another soap box to rant on though.

do it. Make sure you PM me the address, since that b!tch shut down RM without notice.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sue Madre said:
do it. Make sure you PM me the address, since that b!tch shut down RM without notice.
It was known way long in advanced. He just couldn't keep maintaining it on top of his social life/career.

But I agree. Another RM-like site would be great.

-Scars

Sue Madre

Banned
Reaction score
Scars said:
It was known way long in advanced. He just couldn't keep maintaining it on top of his social life/career.

But I agree. Another RM-like site would be great.

-Scars

I didn't see any bulletins saying he was shutting it down. It just came out of nowhere like that b!tch over at NLG. Just make a site and if you don't want to keep it running then you should hand it off to someone who does. What's the big deal?

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sue Madre said:
I'm unfamiliar with you, Sue Madre, but your name must be nobody. RM wasn't shut down, you idiot. It fell down for technical reasons.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sue Madre said:
I didn't see any bulletins saying he was shutting it down. It just came out of nowhere like that b!tch over at NLG. Just make a site and if you don't want to keep it running then you should hand it off to someone who does. What's the big deal?

Um that's exactly what happened? The address change reflects that. He should have at least left a pointer to the new site though. He had mad rankings in the SERPS and tons of backlinks would would suck up new followers from all over the internet. A shame to let all that good backlink juice rot away (dammit I'm starting to talk like an internet marketer now).