Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Neg hitting ....some cool examples please :)

Interested

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BBJ and Peak have recommended this technique to me. I wonder if you all might give some examples for me. I don't want to be cruel to the chick - but something fun and playful I could look at using

thanks

mustangsam

Reaction score
negs are cool, i've been doing that to people for years and never realized there was a name for it. A couple i've read on sites before have been like you say"nice nails, are they real?" "no, their acrylic, or something like that"she says and you say " oh, I guess they still look good".

another was "ya know you're kinda interesting, or at least it's that your not that ugly"

myself i tend to get carried away in the humor of it all and sometimes forget to sneak in a subtle compliment while giving them a hard time and all. And sometimes i over do it or at least i'm treading a very fine line, but like I care, i'm just having fun and if they don't have a sense of humor i'm not going to waste my time.

Raoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me: So what do you do?
Her: I'm a model
Me: Oh really, like a hand model?

BigBadJon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You: "I like your snake print pants!"
Her: "Thanks"
You: "I ran into a friend tonite, she has a pair just like em"

- "You have something on your face" (Motioning like she has something on her cheek)

- "Damn girl you must be wearing some heels today!" (While looking directly into her eyes)

- "Interesting choice of hair color, is that natural?"

You can make up anything that has to do with her choice of clothing, hair style, anything that could be perceived as a flaw by her.

Don't look at this as being cruel to her. This is the only way these types of women make friends! Seriously. They look good and KNOW IT. They get all kinds of people that tell them exactly that. If you differentiate yourself she takes notice of YOU.

Don't do this unless the girl has an inflated image of herself. She doesn't necessarily have to be a 10, but only neg the overly confident ones.

Don_Juanabe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A good one is to say "You've got something in your hair" while you brush her hair with your hand. You can then run your hand to her shoulder and down her arm as part of the brushing motion. You neg her and get kino (brushing her hair with your hand is something that you would do if you were dating her, so it's good) in one play.

DJBe

Interested

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigBadJon:

Don't look at this as being cruel to her. This is the only way these types of women make friends! Seriously. .
I hadn't thought about it this way.

whosyurdaddy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigBadJon:

You can make up anything that has to do with her choice of clothing, hair style, anything that could be perceived as a flaw by her.

Don't look at this as being cruel to her. This is the only way these types of women make friends! Seriously. They look good and KNOW IT. They get all kinds of people that tell them exactly that. If you differentiate yourself she takes notice of YOU.

Don't do this unless the girl has an inflated image of herself. She doesn't necessarily have to be a 10, but only neg the overly confident ones.
Do you guys think a negative hit as an opener would work on a girl that didn't show much, if any interest(no eye contact or smile) upon approaching her?

------------------
*Quiting is not an option*

Interested

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by whosyurdaddy:
Do you guys think a negative hit as an opener would work on a girl that didn't show much, if any interest(no eye contact or smile) upon approaching her?
EXACTLY - dude thats what I was trying to ask with this. If the chick is already giving you signals you won't need the neg. But "Do you guys think a negative hit as an opener would work on a girl that didn't show much, if any interest(no eye contact or smile) upon approaching her?" ?

[This message has been edited by Interested (edited 01-16-2001).]

Peak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Timing of a Neg Hit

Neg hits can work as an opening comment, though logically, someone is bound to take great offence to your Neg Hits without at least a minor introduction first!
I suggest you approach a target with confidence and say "Hi. What's your name?" then follow with some interesting/choice banter. If she responds well continue your questions/the conversation until a lull in the conversation is immenent. It is this instant that you should use the neg hit. If the conversation is going well, then it should at least be 5 minutes before you need to use it. If the woman is not responding well, then you will have to use it earlier.

The Magnitude of the Neg Hit

Now that we have established the correct timing of a neg hit, you ask: How intense should my Neg Hit be?

If the conversation is going well after the first lull you should sprinkle mild Ned Hits into the conversation, making sure to grin and look really happy when you do it. You have to show that you are being playful rather than terse to a woman who is responding favourably.

If the woman is not responding as you'd hope then it's time to increase the strength of the Neg Hit. This increase in force is meant to shatter the mask of indifference the lady is showing you. Of course the delivery should still be playfull as described above, though the tonality in your voice should be somehat deeper than usual to enforce to point.

If you have over-judged the strength of your Neg Hit make it clear you are joking and re-build her confidence with a mild compliment. Verbally steer her behaviour in favour of liking you.

Neg Hits...not Insults

Never allow your Neg Hits to turn into downright insults. The game is totally lost if you clearly insult the woman. If you ever reach such a point just walk away without further comment.

Examples

Being both a visually and aurally observant person allows you to analyse and then deconstruct a singular feature of the target woman. For example:

1) "You know you looked sort of snobby to me when I first saw you, so I didn't think I was going to waste my time talking to you"

2) "Your blonde hair is really striking, but...giggle, I'm starting to see your darker roots"

3) "You live in [rich suburb]! Do people from that suburb talk to the rest of us commoners?"

4) "Those topaz earrings are really nice, is the setting real or fake gold?
Her: Why? "Cause it seems to have lost it's lustre like most gold-plate items do"

5) "Do you always go to that much trouble to get dressed just to shop for your groceries?"

These are some of my examples. Using your own is recommended, 'cause they'll suit your personality better.

Posture

Neg Hits are an indicator of your view of superiority over the woman in the conversation, so an upright, slightly over-bearing, posture needs to reflect your attitude.

Outcome

Of course, Neg Hits are not a magic bullet to get women you want to like you. However, using them shows confidence and we all know how effective that can be! The effectively delivered Neg Hit should evoke an immediate response: Her behavioural change should indicate her inner insecurities. You feed of her insecurities to get to know the "real" her.
Neg Hits are marvellous for breaking that cold
barrier of indifference so commonly projected by beautiful women. You should try it next time!

[This message has been edited by Peak (edited 01-17-2001).]

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump

some people still need to learn this like newbies:rolleyes:

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something needs to happen in this forum, so i'll bump this, maybe people will read it...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TyTe`EyEs
Neg hits are overrated IMO.
Why do you say that? I've seen neg-hits work wonders :cool:

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess it's from personal experiences. IMO it's too hard to draw the line between a neg hit and an insult. You never know how the girl is going to take it. Some girls are just way too self-conscious. But hey, to each his own. :D

DJD

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting... I've thought about this sort of situation, but really never used that tactic before. I have noticed, however, that a LOT of women use this tactic when hitting on men... e.g., making a point of talking to you, then critiquing clothing choices, hair, etc.... It's a turnoff for me (though maybe not a deal-breaker), even if the woman is hot, because I know what they're doing with the game, especially if *they* initiated the contact/conversation... my immediate thought is usually..."out of all the men in this place, you chose to step and talk to me - and then you criticize me?" - so I say something like - "so maybe you should find someone whose hairstyle you like better"... I tend to find it most annoying when they say these types of things in front of others....

So, based on how I've felt as the recipient of some negative hits, and some of the other good comments made earlier in this thread, if I were to use them on a woman, I'd be sure to be very subtle and tactful, and to especially make sure to avoid saying things in front of other people so as not to embarrass her... a bit of indirectness might be the key... maybe hint or allude to something rather than confronting it directly and more confrontationally. I also wouldn't use them early in the conversation, but maybe later on if/when things are rolling along and she's a bit more confident about my interest in her... and her interest in me.... finally, for a negative hit to work, she actually has to care about my approval/opinion... none of it matters if I have no chance from the outset (it happens)

A woman did this to me about 6 weeks ago... I didn't really like it when she did it, and although I thought she was very attractive, I remained somewhat aloof and not too interested (yeah!), and even told her that I would not have said something to her like she said to me, just out of politeness... I let her 'walk' that night and did not engage in seeking her approval (which seems to be what the neg hit idea is all about?). Her friend later called her from the club after she'd left - and tried to put me on the phone with her (I politely declined) ... and then offered to give me her phone number when she found out that I didn't 'go for the digits' (and I politely refused to take her number - kind of proud of myself on that one!). A couple of nights ago, the woman who provided the neg hit on me came over to me out in a nightclub to say hello once again. I was polite but reserved - again, not too interested (eager). I'll see her again soon, and we'll see how it goes from here.

Last edited:

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had girls neg me before

They usually do it when they are really interested in me. Case in point.

I was on the bus and this one cheerleader HB8.5 is there negging me and this is the same girl who wanted to go out with me really bad she went as far as to ask if I was gay(are you gay means why won't you ask me or anyone out) because I don't have time for women I just want my life with my rules because my life is really important and I don't have enough time for a woman, ball, school work, and other stuff but it would be a nice little addition.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey you got great teeth...(pause while she smiles) are they dentures? (grin and tell her you're joking)

catch

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"wow, i think that was love at first sight, until
i took a second look":D

wildchild

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont recommend using neg hits as an opener i tried it a few times dosnt really work very well they are usualy slightly insulted. i also want an explanation of this type of neg hit
You: "I like your snake print pants!"
Her: "Thanks"
You: "I ran into a friend tonite, she has a pair just like em"
ive seen ones like this getting recommended all over the place the thing is if a guy is wearing the same thing of me and some1 points it out i just think the guy has good taste so how would this to a girl be a neg hit?