Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any of you guys use day game?

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend showed me the free e-book Paul Janka wrote on meeting girls during the day in New York. He stops them in the street and has a one minute conversation then goes for the number.

This sounds amazing but coming from London I am very much schooled in a "Don't talk to strangers outside of designated meeting places such as bars and clubs" and would feel like I'd be harassing girls.

Has anyone tried this and what sort of results have you gotten?

Some stuff ive read about this suggests doing stuff like asking for directions or the way to the nearest Starbucks, or where the produce section is in the Supermarket. But Im not sure how you would transition that to a conversation leading to a number?

Other stuff seems to suggest going for a more direct approach along the lines of "Hey you are cute" as an opening line.

Thoughts?

Big O

Don Juan
Reaction score
You should get used to approaching and talking to girls outside of "designated meeting places such as bars and clubs".

Here's a post I like that basically talks about day game approaches and his results:

rejection collection by 2ndTour
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16725

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some stuff ive read about this suggests doing stuff like asking for directions or the way to the nearest Starbucks, or where the produce section is in the Supermarket. But Im not sure how you would transition that to a conversation leading to a number?
Throw in a town map and it sounds like ALPHAROMEO's stuff.

J. Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No. It's desperate and creepy. Sure you can ask a girl what time it is if you want to know what time it is. Sure you can talk to the girl sitting next to you in your class. But if you stop a girl that is in a hurry in the middle of the street and you say to her that her earrings match her shirt because you read that sh.t in some e-book, she will call the police and you will be here whining about women being evil, while in fact, you were sexually harrassing her.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's situational. You have to be in a place and time where the girl will feel like talking. E.g. a coffee shop, in line at a movie theater, at a department store, etc. (Note - don't do it at a pharmacy - too personal.)

I'm married but I used to use day game more than night game. It's great because you just move on with your day regardless of how the interaction plays out. Also, it gives you more automatic conversation starters ("what do you think of this tie with this shirt...").

Why, the other day I was in the men's department when a woman with great cleavage (a 7) walked up right next to me and started looking at ties. I reached in front of her to make sure she saw my wedding ring and then asked her opinion on a few items just to keep my game sharp. She was more than happy to play ball, and I'm sure if I hadn't ended the conversation I could have pulled a number. Go figure.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
Sexual harassment is a joke. Wake up.
LOL. It's only sexual harassment when you're ugly and/or the advances are undesired.

;)

P.S. I'm just joking. Don't sexually harass women. This has been a PSA brought to you by vatoloco. "The more you know..."

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I reached in front of her to make sure she saw my wedding ring
I know they say that if you are taken women will want you because of preselection. But I think when it comes to women treating guys with wedding rings better, I think this is what's going on, at least in part:

They think you're taken so they think you're not hitting on them, so they are comfortable with you. No pressure, no tension. Sort of like the way Mystery would use a neg to make the girl think he wasn't hitting on her, which made her comfortable with him and bought him more time to seduce her.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I know they say that if you are taken women will want you because of preselection. But I think when it comes to women treating guys with wedding rings better, I think this is what's going on, at least in part:

They think you're taken so they think you're not hitting on them, so they are comfortable with you. No pressure, no tension. Sort of like the way Mystery would use a neg to make the girl think he wasn't hitting on her, which made her comfortable with him and bought him more time to seduce her.
Good point - though I'd wager it's a little of both, i.e., pre-selection with a veil of safety involved. Anyway it's all about the interaction and how you speak to a woman, not to mention what her mood or angle is.

asid76

Don Juan
Reaction score
I do it all the time.

Girls appreciate being hit on; they don't get all dressed up and spend hours doing their hair and make-up thinking "I hope I don't get hit on or noticed today".

I find Its not creepy or desperate at all as long as you're not a creepy or desperate person.

In fact, I prefer day game and think its waaay better than going to clubs...it takes more balls to approach someone outside of a social venue too doesn't it?

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Id be amazed if approaching a random stranger during the day and trying to engage them in polite conversation could be construed as harassment. You guys are kidding right?

But yeah just to be safe it may be more sensible to use a more indirect approach such as a situational comment and then if she seems friendly give a compliment and ask for the number.

Captain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
J. Darko said:
No. It's desperate and creepy.
Creepy is seeing a beautiful woman, and not talking to her because you are secretly afraid of what others will think, while giving off all kinds of mixed signals.

But if you stop a girl that is in a hurry in the middle of the street and you say to her that her earrings match her shirt because you read that sh.t in some e-book,
Yeah don't use "lines". LINES = BAD.

she will call the police and you will be here whining about women being evil, while in fact, you were sexually harrassing her.
Read the DJ Bible. You've been brainwashed into thinking simple conversation is sexual harassment.

J. Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain said:
Creepy is seeing a beautiful woman, and not talking to her because you are secretly afraid of what others will think, while giving off all kinds of mixed signals.

Yeah don't use "lines". LINES = BAD.

Read the DJ Bible. You've been brainwashed into thinking simple conversation is sexual harassment.
No you have been brainwashed by the PUA-community into thinking that every girl wants to talk to you everywhere all the time because you are the prize that makes girls wet in 3 seconds because you have been studying PUA-material and know all the secrets about women.

Helas, that's only true in the world of the internet.

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To avoid the issues they are talking about, they have to be situational approaches(that don't seem like an approach). A girl at the vet. Someone standing in line behind you. A girl walking the same direction you are. You may have less opportunities to work from, it won't look like you are trying to approach girls like you would in a club.

These opportunities present themselves all the time, just have to recognize them and then take action, in the moment. Which is why practicing "small talk" convos with everyone is good, because every once in a while one of those people you bump into is a single hottie.

Matt Rogers said:
Id be amazed if approaching a random stranger during the day and trying to engage them in polite conversation could be construed as harassment. You guys are kidding right?

But yeah just to be safe it may be more sensible to use a more indirect approach such as a situational comment and then if she seems friendly give a compliment and ask for the number.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO, daygame is MUCH more productive than going out and hitting on girls on a Saturday night. When girls go out on weekends, they are going to be entertained, not picked up. They will bring their A-game s#it tests, shields, and all the other unfortunate stuff we have to deal with.

In fact, they are so conditioned to be approached awkwardly by groups of drunk dudes with zero game that they no longer will obey certain rules of etiquette - for instance, they may walk away from you mid sentence or openly insult you. This doesn't happen in daygame; girls mind their manners then.

Also, direct game during the day works like a charm if you are relatively well-groomed. Every girl dreams of meeting someone in a chance encounter, so they will be more receptive to your advances. Saying "You're cute; I wanted to come say hi" is actually a really good opener.

The only difficulties with day game is that escalation is near impossible and often, there isn't much time to gain the necessary rapport. Also, you really need good conversational skills and must remember to qualify them, so it doesn't feel phony. But, on the whole, it's a lot less intimidating than being thrust into a 3 set on a Saturday night with an AMOG and a CB and a "wing" that probably isn't all that skilled, which is the norm for most.

new_hotness

Don Juan
Reaction score
NYC is pickup central. Girls travel there specifically to pick YOU up. No joke.

Ultimately, it's not about having the right technique: it's about being an attractive man.

If you are attractive, any "technique" you use will magically be effective, because attractive females WANT them to be effective.

If you are an unattractive man, even the slickest techniques and lots of effort will result in massive frustration.

What city are you in?

Matt Rogers said:
A friend showed me the free e-book Paul Janka wrote on meeting girls during the day in New York. He stops them in the street and has a one minute conversation then goes for the number.

This sounds amazing but coming from London I am very much schooled in a "Don't talk to strangers outside of designated meeting places such as bars and clubs" and would feel like I'd be harassing girls.

Has anyone tried this and what sort of results have you gotten?

Other stuff seems to suggest going for a more direct approach along the lines of "Hey you are cute" as an opening line.

Thoughts?

Big O

Don Juan
Reaction score
new_hotness said:
NYC is pickup central. Girls travel there specifically to pick YOU up. No joke.
Is this a new thing or something? Girls picking guys up that is. I'm not in NYC (but I'll have to get up there soon), but I totally got picked up last week.

I walking home from work, a girl stops me and comments on my shoes. She asks me some questions, introduces herself with a handshake, and invites me to go watch a movie as I'm about to walk off. It was pretty clear that she was good to go.

We chatted a bit more at a Starbucks nearby, and then took a walk back to my apartment.

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Big O said:
Is this a new thing or something? Girls picking guys up that is. I'm not in NYC (but I'll have to get up there soon), but I totally got picked up last week.

I walking home from work, a girl stops me and comments on my shoes. She asks me some questions, introduces herself with a handshake, and invites me to go watch a movie as I'm about to walk off. It was pretty clear that she was good to go.

We chatted a bit more at a Starbucks nearby, and then took a walk back to my apartment.
haha wtf?
I noticed starbucks coffee dates are in again. I use them to feel out girls and as a buffer between phases in an interaction. good job with that.