Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Twenty pull up challenge.

Moneytalks

Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw the "100 push up challenge" and thought I'd see how you all get on with this one.

Twenty pull ups challenge

You can do them with your knuckles facing or your knuckles away. The knuckles away work your biceps; knuckles facing you works your forearms and lats (primarily).

You can do them on a pull up bar, a wardrobe (I can't take responsibilty for injury or breakage), a climbing frame or monkey bars.

If you take the challenge, please remember to post which way you're doing the pull ups- knuckles facing towards you or away.

You'll hear a lot of people telling you that the knuckles facing away isn't "correct". It is. End of.

Oh, and by the way, if you could just edit your posts rather than make new ones when you update that'd be grand :up:

Anyway, here goes.

Moneytalk's progress
Knuckles facing:
Max-3

Week 1:

Knuckles Facing away:
Max-6

Week 1:

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Palms facing away is a pull up, palms facing towards you is a chin up. Most people can do more chin ups than pull ups.

Moneytalks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Done day 1 for both.

I'm not sure on my form as I'm pretty much as tall as my door frame. So it's quite hard to judge it.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pull ups are my forte. Being a swimmer and 11th in the nation for butterfly which is all upper body, i could at my prime do 30 pullup's. about a year ago i maxed out a 87 pushup's.

I might try to go for a hundred, i am a bit behind right now.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
get a pullup bar by your door. i've had mine there for 12-13 years.

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
most chin ups i've ever done in one go is 15 so i might give this a shot.// maybe..

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Well, I've been doing chins and pulls for the past two years--consistently--and the most I've done is 17 ("knuckles facing")...so I'd love to see someone do 20--and post a vid.
Will give it a go and post a vid when i get a chance. :)

I think 20 would be manageable for me. I'm a lightweight :p

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Flyer said:
Will give it a go and post a vid when i get a chance. :)

I think 20 would be manageable for me. I'm a lightweight :p
I take that back. Did a set of pullups after benching - only reached 12.

Sign me up on wide grip knuckles facing.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
knuckles facing.. im quite positive i can do 20, used to be able to definately but put on a bit of weight since then, will post a vid :)

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
20 pull/chinups aren't nearly as challenging as 100 pushups :)

I'm doing 15 chins right now, and I'm ~180 pounds. Perhaps I'll do the challenge for the lulz.
(still angry that I had to drop out of the pushup challenge because of intense headache)

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, did the chinups really slow and all the way and managed only 12. I'm on the challenge.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a cool challenge... I agree w/ Huffman in that for me the 100 push ups would be MUCH harder than the 20 pull ups. I can routinely do 20-25 pull ups now, wide grip (w/ palms facing away) or narrow grip (underhand). My PB for bodyweight pull ups is 26. I'm only around 170 lbs right now, so being light definitely helps. I usually do 8-10 x 2 w/ a 45 lb plate around my waist, as this is more challenging.

I know I could probably only get to 14-15 tops if I did the pull ups/chin ups slower, like w/ a 2-1-4 tempo.

I'll try and get to 30 for the challenge. I don't think I have the muscular endurance yet to even get to 50 push ups, but getting to 100 would a definite accomplishment!

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did 20 chins but broke my arm :(

(but not while doing the chins, haha!)

djnc

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've managed 28 chinups, as for pullups I think my best is 22 or so. This was last year when I was lifting more often, I'll have to try it again now