Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone have experience with asking a girl you don't know well to prom?

Touchout

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No experience in that, but if your dateless as of right now...why not take the chance?

I still have 2 more options myself before I resort to doing that (I already know the girl wants to go with me though, so it's not a fair comparison.)

Circa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really. I have showed up to dances and asked random girls to dance though. Me and my friend made a game out of it, my friend picks a random girl I don't know to dance with (the girl has to be decent though) and I do the same for him. Of course we pick hott chicks though, cause that is the only time you get a little nervous.. but it's still a fun game to play. You should try it.

Anyway.. I would suggest trying to get to know her more? But don't wait too long, someone might ask her... and plus girls like to know way ahead of advance. I say talk to her, let her know you're interested. Then ask her. The worst that could happen is she says no. But if she feels like she doesnt know you that well, she could get to know you from the days up until prom... I mean, we still have a bit left until prom (atleast my school does...)

kegger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, keep your ears open for chicks who dates have ditched them for some reason or another.

I am going to a neighboring schools prom with a HB 8 that I am yet to have met. Her date ditched her and I know her aunt and she gave me the girls number and told me to call her. I said, hello I am "Kegger" and your Aunt "Person" told me to call you.

She was like yeah, I wanted to know if you would go to prom with me?

I was like, well.... And paused shortly and then was like, sure why not.

Worked for me...even if I really don't give a flying flip.

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I been driven to the same point as you are now. Since that BS (if you care enough to know, just look up the second post I ever made), I haven't had much luck in getting a new date. Every senior I know pretty much have a date, and due to my damn luck, the SATs are on June 2nd and prom is June 1st. This means that every Junior I know will be resting (or cramming) for the SATs. Currently after learning that, I'm just gonna ask a not so cute girl now so I can get it over with.

EdHunter

Don Juan
Reaction score
I did this twice, and it's not as bad as you might think...I think the secret is partly not acting as though the whole "don't know well" thing is an issue. If you frame the approach in such a way that it seems natural that you'd ask her, then the whole thing will go much more smoothly---after all, you don't want her to ever be thinking "I don't know this guy, so why should I go w/ him."

As for the dates thing, I think it could go either way. It certainly could increase the comfort level, but you don't want her to get creeped out and feel you're coming on too strong too soon. At least, that's my thinking (and how I'm handling my own situation; cf. my thread on my own issue).

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
EdHunter said:
I did this twice, and it's not as bad as you might think...I think the secret is partly not acting as though the whole "don't know well" thing is an issue. If you frame the approach in such a way that it seems natural that you'd ask her, then the whole thing will go much more smoothly---after all, you don't want her to ever be thinking "I don't know this guy, so why should I go w/ him."

As for the dates thing, I think it could go either way. It certainly could increase the comfort level, but you don't want her to get creeped out and feel you're coming on too strong too soon. At least, that's my thinking (and how I'm handling my own situation; cf. my thread on my own issue).

yeah that's exactly what i was thinking. i may be overanalyzing this a bit but heres some things i noticed from her
1. supposedly shes hot (i dont think so too much, shes cute but nothing amazing)
2. last year for jr prom no one asked, many said they wanted to ask her or they think shes hot, but no one actually asked her until just a few weeks before prom
3. i have her in a bunch of classes, but i never really talked to her, i only talked to her a few times in knowing her for 2 years
4. she likes tall guys(im tall)
5. I have good social proof

shvt i'm overanalyzing, i'm just going to go with it and ask her. :)

Full Throttle

Banned
Reaction score
Ask her. There is no more to it. You better ask her or I'll personally catch a taxi to the bay area to slap you.

She will say yes. If not, she's a *****.